Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW 1.14f Bug & Crash Reports

Great Patch! Much improved internet MP!

However, somebody has to start this thread, so here it goes.

After a few games, here's the bugs I've noticed so far:

1. Sync errors sometimes occur during MP. Only seen it with turnless mode so far, but it may be in other modes as well. Not sure if this is a bug or a lag issue, but I have seen it even with a small number of players at low lag.

2. If the host cancels out of the game during the game setup screen, all players are sent back to the lobby. However, when I then try to join another game, the game setup screen "pops under" the lobby screen. You can only see the game setup if you push the X on the lobby screen, and it doesn't have all the info. Work around is to back all the way out to the main menu.

3. The password bypass bug still exists in PBEM games.

4. Carry over from 1.04f, the sound settings under audio preferences don't carry over when a game is reloaded. If you turn down the main volume, it will be 100% when the game is reloaded until you launch the audio preferences screen. Once the audio pref screen is launched the sound settings again take effect.

5. Not sure if it is a bug or request, but how the heck can you get all the SP pop up boxes in MP? I'm specifically interested in getting the city improvement and technology advancement pop-ups. The "fewer pop up's in MP" preference box doesn't seem to affect these.

Patch has made gameplay much more smooth. Occasional crashes, but definitely playable, and lag isn't all that bad.

1 major bug that needs fixing is the text wrap on chat. If there's more than a few words, the chat detail doesn't show on screen. The space for the chat text to appear is a smaller size than the setting for the word wrapping, resulting in lost text.

Strange bug in score for some games when all other players drop - score is in the 17,000's due to domination victory in 4000BC .

On another occasion, a player had been dropped, but still appeared on the list of civs. When attempting to initiate diplomacy, was given the option (for the other civ) to accept or reject my own envoy.

Comment

I definitely agree with #5 from Clegg. My wife and I both want that popup, and also the popup for when a tech has been completed!

Also, I was doing some searching on this, but couldn't find anything.

Is there anything we can do about the way the game jumps immediately to the next active unit? I'm playing a LAN turn-based game. Let's say I have a warrior out exploring the far hinterlands. I move him one space into the great unknown, and the game immediately centers on the next unit, usually way back around my home city.

Then I have to go find my warrior again so I can see what the heck he uncovered! Very annoying.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by battists

Then I have to go find my warrior again so I can see what the heck he uncovered! Very annoying.

Any suggestions?
        If possible, just move him last. Best I can do for now.

Comment

New Patch installed, yet I am still having incredibly long waits inbetween turns. I'm talking 5+ minutes. In my current game, I'm playing on a modified Huge map with 20 or so civs, on the verge of the modern era. I would think that my P4 1.7 should be able to handle that no problem. Any suggestions?

Comment

Amount of RAM is a lot more important than the processor speed.

But it sounds like you have a bunch of RAM already if it took until the middle of the industrial era for 5 minute turns to start occuring on huge maps with 20 civs.

How many civs are currently at war? (The more that are at war, the longer it takes the computer to process.)
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Someone in another thread mentioned something about snyc issues, and I think this is the next thing that needs to be addressed. Not once have I gotten past the 45 min. mark in any game, simply because there are too many things going on at that point. It's a little frustrating knowing that I probably will not finish a game that I start...which makes me wonder why I waste 45 minutes doing it? Love this game...but there are still a few things wrong.

Comment

Here's a Bug -

The TAB key, (Which has worked as an alternate Wait command instead of W) has now stopped working. I have been using this key command for as long as I can remember, but now I can't cycle through my units with it.

Note: This is with a saved game started under 1.04f with modified rules, but the command worked last night before i saved the game. I'm still in the same turn as last night, so maybe this will go away after a turn cycle. Regardless, it is a bug. If it goes away in the next turn I will edit this and update the info.

Thanks for Listening

KP
                ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Yeah, I agree that the SP popup screens should be activated i a MP game. Without it, my turns takes much longer to complete since I will have to go through my cities to see which city built what.

Comment

Build previous unit feature STILL doesnt work. Have Firaxis listened to us when we reported this the first time? urgh.
                    :-p

Comment

Installed PTW and it worked. Installed patch 1.14f and it wants me to insert the PTW disc even though it is in the drive. This happened on two machines!

So I cann't play it with the patch. I know others have the same problem. Edit2: It looks like especially dutch people (probably Europeans in general?) are the victims of this fatal bug.

Edit:
                      The solution I mentioned here earlier (reinstallation from scratch) does not work after all. It simply does not install the patch the first time. If I reinstall the patch (uninstalling and then installing again) the problem gets back again.

Bottom line: I am not able to play with 1.14f

I am in contact with Infogrames Benelux about it. I suggest everyone having this problem gives them a call and/or sends them a mail them to put some pressure on. For the Benelux the mail address is helpdesk@nl.infogrames.com
                      Last edited by Franses; November 29, 2002, 07:24.
                      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

whenever i type a long message (2 liner) the end of the first line gets chopped off mid-word.

example:

i sent the text: "me and the koreans are fighting without resources"

and it showed up as:
                        "me and the koreans are fighting witho
                        resources"
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                          whenever i type a long message (2 liner) the end of the first line gets chopped off mid-word.

example:

i sent the text: "me and the koreans are fighting without resources"

and it showed up as:
                          "me and the koreans are fighting witho
                          resources"
                          Yep. I get the same bug. It's incredibly annoying, cause one can't talk properly, as we have to guess where it'll get cut off.
                          My nickname in the PTW matchmaking system is Psygnosis.

Comment

I totally agree with #5 of Cleggs points too and battists point is totally right, too. I just can´t understand, why they haven´t fix it in this release. I point you to my thread some weeks ago, where I already mentioned these MP-Points, no one seems to talk about :

Another HOT ISSUE is:
                            Franses wrote:
                            Installed PTW and it worked. Installed patch 1.14f and it wants me to insert the PTW disc even though it is in the drive.
                            Same problem to me. I am from germany, but I got the US-Version.
                            One important point : With the original Civ3-PTW-Cd in the drive it works ! They seem to have built in some kind of new Copy-Protection.
                            Is there somebody, who is able to play with a copy AFTER v.1.14f?
                            famous last words
                            GM:"You see a giant glowing emerald lying on the ocean floor. It's bigger than your head and pulsates with inner light."
                            PC:"Cool! I pick it up!"

Comment

As a work-around for the text cut-off you could use voice chat.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X