No announcement yet.

Patch(es) included in UK-release ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I guess NWN hasn't been released there either?

What happened to Activision for CTP2?

How about Asus? i remember then releasing a mother board for NorthWood CPUs that could not POST with one. One needed an processor from an earlier famility to POST the board so the BIOS could be flashed for the NorthWoods to work.

How about nVidia and ATI? ATI especially cannot seem to get a driver set right right off the bat.

Hey, how about MicroSoft and their OS's? Shouldn't a network OS have security nailed down? How many fines have they paid?

What about them Horsie? Huh?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
      So, I guess NWN hasn't been released there either?

What happened to Activision for CTP2?

How about Asus? i remember then releasing a mother board for NorthWood CPUs that could not POST with one. One needed an processor from an earlier famility to POST the board so the BIOS could be flashed for the NorthWoods to work.

How about nVidia and ATI? ATI especially cannot seem to get a driver set right right off the bat.

Hey, how about MicroSoft and their OS's? Shouldn't a network OS have security nailed down? How many fines have they paid?

What about them Horsie? Huh?
      Did you complain about them or did you just bend over as usual?

I know someone in Australia complained about PTW - to the right people too, including the appropriate Ministers
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Did anybody complain about MicroSoft?

You are so full of it Horsie, they may give you a new name...
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If they take this type of thing to court and prevail, it could lead to some companies not release to that market.

Comment

If they prevail and companies choose to withold their products it will clearly show they have no confidence in their own product development process. If those companies lose profits to the ones that do then its corporate evolution in action. Maybe in a decade or two we will be back to having some faith that version 1.0 of a software product is free of all significant bugs for standard platform configurations.

This is all deeply hypothetical though
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

When I saw AH posts I thought for a moment that I was in the OT Forum !

Anyway, I do not think that they will have the newest patch on but this is of course pure speculation!

So long...
              Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
              Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
              Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I pre-ordered PtW through Gameplay. It arrived this morning by second class post - probably helped by me living in the Leeds postcode area where Gameplay are based.

I installed the game and got as far as the main menu to discover I had version 1.01.

As I write this I am 80% of the way through downloading patch 1.14 (takes me about 30 minutes on a 56k modem)

EDIT: Don't rush to install the 1.14f patch. When I did it stopped recognising the CD was in the drive and I could not run the game so I am back with the original 1.01 installation that came on the CD.

Didn't Firaxis learn anything from the saga of patching the original game?
                Last edited by CerberusIV; November 29, 2002, 15:41.
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

hehe.... so im not the only one :-)
                  german ptw...=104... english installation: does not work with 1.14...

the reason i think:
                  they changed from securom to safedisc copy protection... and did not think about the patches...
                  if you install the us-patches on the eu-version, it wont recognize the cd as the copy protection is overwritten by the patch :-)

i also posted this at the "bugreport" thread
                  Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

PTW in New Zealand!

Oddly enough, in spite of PTW being delayed in Australia until January 2003, it has just turned up in GP Store in New Zealand though we don't usually get it until after them and I can't prove this as they haven't updated their site yet but I'd emailed them about the release date delay situation and they emailed back telling me they were looking at the box and did I want a copy so what gives? More liberal laws in New Zealand?
                    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
                      I pre-ordered PtW through Gameplay. It arrived this morning by second class post - probably helped by me living in the Leeds postcode area where Gameplay are based.

I installed the game and got as far as the main menu to discover I had version 1.01.

As I write this I am 80% of the way through downloading patch 1.14 (takes me about 30 minutes on a 56k modem)

EDIT: Don't rush to install the 1.14f patch. When I did it stopped recognising the CD was in the drive and I could not run the game so I am back with the original 1.01 installation that came on the CD.

Didn't Firaxis learn anything from the saga of patching the original game?
                      Is this true? Seriously, the s**t they pull is not acceptable. Looks like I will give this one a miss, there are far better things that I can spend my money on...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                      X