Patch(es) included in UK-release ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch(es) included in UK-release ?

As I'm located in the west of Ireland and have no access to anything which most folks would call an "acceptable" internet connection, it is a bit of an effort for me to download a 9.5 MB patch.
    PTW is due to be released here within the next few weeks and I wonder if the latest .14-patch will be included in the UK-version.
    Anyone ?

Better be - can't think of any other reason for the delay
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I doubt it will have the latest patch if any..I think they're having enough trouble getting the original out..
      I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

I would of thought the reason for the delay was to patch the discs before selling them or to make new ones.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

In Australia they cant even give out a release date,
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

look on civ3.com,
            I think they can email you the patch.. but this may well not be any use, still its better than downloading and getting cut off..

Otherwise , maybe they can post you a patch cd.

Normally patches are put on the retail cd's with the latest version .. unless they don't have the money to start a new cd run.

Some nice person could send you 8 floppy disks with the patch on, using winzip to make the file span a few disks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
              In Australia they cant even give out a release date,
              Perhaps because I threatened them with the Trade Practices Act if they released the game in its current incomplete form

The Australian Competition and Consumer Policy Commission and the Australian Consumer Associaton is just waiting for them to release the game now
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Oh puleeeeaze.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The game in its current form breaches 2 sections of our Trade Practices Act - false and misleading conduct; and misrepresentations. Very heavy penalties for both and it only takes one complaint. What the game says on the box is not what the CD delivers. That's a clear breach.

I'm not surprised they pulled the release date
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

And which MS release of the last 20 years has not?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Believe what You like

Unfortunately I can't tell you what I know

Comment

OK. What is that guy's name? Blowhard?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

All I know is the game release has been delayed in countries with strong consumer protection laws - draw the dots yourself

Comment

Yeah right, Horsie.

It couldn't have anything to do with wanting to release a better product for those other markets, could it?

Your theories of state sanctions are good for a hoot though.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Million dollar fines tend to get the attention of companies that need to make a profit

Comment

Working...
                              X