Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SK -
    Let us know if that fixes it.

If so, the usefullness of AutoBombard just decreased quite a bit in my book.

Maybe it's a bug.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Something else that I've found: If you have movement remaining after you auto-bombard, and you use any of them or even click "no orders (space)", then you cease autobombarding. This is really only an issue with ships because they have so much movement.

To prevent this is make sure to use my movement points first or I click "End Turn Now" (after moving all my other units of course).

Anyone else discover this?
      I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
      "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

I think the initial poster was thinking stack-bombard, auto-bombard works fine, although its not very effective. Who remembers where the thread on stack-bombard went ???

Comment

Auto-bombardment does not work for me either. This is interesting since some of you have stated it works fine! My situation: I am playing the Koreans, regent difficulty, standard map with 8 Civs. I have about about 15 catapults attacking a non-empty Chinese city. I am NOT using the sentry commands. When I select auto-bombard it does a single bombard, and next time I must select bombard again next time.

Perhaps theres some kind of bug with auto-bombard related to game preference settings?

EDIT: Oh yea, I am running 1.04.
          Nethog

Comment

I believe many of you are a little confused.
            Auto-Bombard and Stack Bombarding are different things.

Auto-Bombard instructs the unit to continue to bombard a location every turn, until there is nothing left to target or you cancel it.

Stack-Bombard is a feature that to my knowledge, we do not have. If it exists it would allow you to tell an entire stack to bombard a location with only one command, much like stack movement allows you to move units. I would very much like to see this option but to my knowledge it doesn't exist.

"I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

Well, I would rather drop the discussion about stack bombardment in this thread (since it doesn't exist anyway) and try to get to the bottom of why auto-bombardment doesn't work for certain people, such as myself in the case of catapults.
              Nethog

Comment

I am using auto-bombard and the sentry thing doesn't fix it, it still won't work, my problem is the same as Nethog's.

Comment

I don't believe sentry will fix it. I believe the only way to get it to work is to tell it to Auto-bombard and do nothing further with that unit. I think any further order of any kind will disengage the automate, and it will not bombard again on the next turn.

If you try that and it still doesn't work then I am totally out of ideas. Perhaps it is a bug???

Comment

I figured out why auto-bombardment isn't working!!!

It turns out that the game is working as designed!!

In the game preferences, if you have "Cancel orders for Enemy Combat unit" turned ON, then auto-bombardment will stop for artillery units that are next to an enemy unit (i.e. like catapults in my current game).

Obviously, for the special case of a land-based artillery unit with a 1-range bombardment capability, the "Cancel orders ..." switch should *NOT* have an effect. For all other units the preference should function as designed. That's what I would propose to Firaxis.
                    Nethog

Comment

I turned that thing off in the preferences when an enemy is nearby but when I click to auto bombard, it still does not work. However, I think my auto bombard was working when I push shift-b instead of clicking the button, so maybe the button is just programmed wrong or something.

Comment

I use the icon, and it works fine for me.
                        Nethog

Comment

Working...
                        X