Still can't get Auto-Bombard to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can't get Auto-Bombard to work

I click on auto bombard, my unit bombards the city that turn, then I have to do it again every turn. Anyone else have any luck with this?

Yes, in my current game I'm seiging an English city and have two of my catapults set to auto-bombard. They bombard every turn - unless I click on them, then they reset and I have to reissue the order. So to answer your question - Yes, my auto-bombard works.

Comment

I have always done it with cannons but it should still work, I dont know why it isn't. I click auto - bombard and it works just like regular bombard. I never touch them until the games asks for orders for them which is every turn.

Comment

I wonder if it's because the city you are bombarding is actually empty, so hense, no targets?

Now I've noticed that on my auto-bombard, my catapults will fire on their own (usually when I'm looking at another part on the map) but I can still "hear" them firing.

Comment

I think they do keep firing until the city is size one with no targets

I do love the option, combined with the increase in bomber range, and it makes that area of warfare a lot less tedious. great option

Comment

No, the city isn't empty and my auto bombard still doesn't work.

Comment

Well then, I'm stumped then SK. Maybe someone else has some more light to shed on this.

It could be this is a bug in the game and I just haven't been bitten by it yet...
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

DP
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

SK obviously has battle animations turned on and is watching through the end of the turn...

Comment

That might be true - I too have the battle animations turned on (haven't gotten tired of it yet)

But my auto-bombardment seems to be working correctly.

Comment

My auto-bombard does not work either.

Comment

Maybe you have your units set to Wake when next to an Enemy unit - are you next to the town?

Maybe the Wake for Enemy is cancelling out the automation of AutoBombard?

Wittlich, do you have Wake for Enemy on and are your units adjacent to an enemy unit, i.e. the town?

What about you SK?

Just a thought.
                        "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Hmm, you might have a point there...I believe I do NOT have my units wake when next to enemy...but I not positive.

Wait a minute! I know for a fact that I have my unit set at NOT waking when adjacent to enemy units. I remember because my ships don't wake-up when the AI passes by.

Comment

I have to try that. I don't know if my units are set to wake up or not. Thanks everyone for all you help.

Comment

That's why we are all here!

Comment

Working...
                              X