Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Errata

That's errata, not erotica, you perv!

Here is a list of differences between the manual (page 49) and the actual game concerning unit stats:

Berserk: costs 70 shields, not 60 as stated in the manual.

Sipahi: ADM is 8.3.3, not 7.3.3, and costs 100, not 80.

Numidian Mercenary: ADM is 2.3.1, not 2.2.1.

Medieval Infantry: Persians cannot build them, though the rules claim everyone can. No big deal there, as the Immortal has the same ADM of 4.2.1 and costs 10 shields less. But if you were looking forward to using the Med Inf and wanted to play the Persians, guess again!

Just some things I noticed and wanted to pass on.
    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Thanks Falconius. I guess these were last minute changes that didn't make it to the manual.
    " They will fight and die till the last warrior"
    -Dimaratos to Xerxes, a few days before the battle in Thermopylae...

Comment

how come in the Great Books itll go the "glorious vikings" etc, but the Civ is called Scandinavians...?

Comment

Did they do anything with the Longbowman? If Medieval Infantry is 4.2.1 for 40 shields, a 4.1.1 unit at the same cost later on the tech tree is of course useless.

Comment

T-hawk, the Longbowmen doesn't require iron, Infantry does. Not always useful but.....
          -Over 20 million albums sold worldwide

Comment

Since Persia can't build Medieval Infantry does anyone know if Persia can upgrade their Immortals straight to Guerillas given they have researched Replaceable Parts?
            Nethog

Comment

RTFM (that is, the README) for 1.04.
              It's all in there.

Comment

Jaybe, I don't see the answer to my question in the PTW 1.04 readme
                Nethog

Comment

Sorry Nethog,
                  I was referring to Falconius' initial post. My bad.

I looked it up in the Editor: Immortals do NOT upgrade (i.e., they upgrade to Medieval Infantry which are not available to Persia).

WARNING: In the Editor, Swords were NOT given an upgrade path to Medieval Infantry, contrary to documentation.

Comment

An interesting question nethog. I just checked in the editor. The Immortal upgrades to the Med Infantry. But the Persians can't build them directly! Very strange. So the Persians can have Medieval Infantry, but only by upgrading their Immortals!

So essentially you would be paying to upgrade to a unit that has the same strength. The only value this would have is that it can then be upgraded to guerrilla.

A strange way to go about things!

Comment

Falconius, that's how an end to the upgrade path is determined: By being able to upgrade to a unit you cannot have.

Comment

Jaybe and I just posted at the same time. And we're interpreting things a little differently. Perhaps he's right and the Immortal simply doesn't upgrade. Guess the only way to find out is to play Persia!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                          Falconius, that's how an end to the upgrade path is determined: By being able to upgrade to a unit you cannot have.
                          Wouldn't upgrade to " none" make more sense?

And stop posting the exact same time as me!

Comment

Immortals will upgrade to Guerillas. I just checked in the editor.
                            Seemingly Benign
                            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

WS,
                              Snarg!! That's not the way it was in mine (1.04)!

[EDIT] Oops! It said Medieval Infantry, which upgrades to Guerilla. I think it's time for me to shut up and get my memory refreshed. [/EDIT]

Comment

Working...
                              X