Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FIRAXIS - why not a turn counter?

Originally posted by planetfall
    So much of civ3 is based on taking X number of turns, NOT YEARS, for MPP, Peace, trades,
    etc. Why can't we have at least one screen that tells us what turn we are on. Ideal would be to have that information visibile from map, but anywhere is better than nothing.

I hate always contacting a civ and checking active agreements to see how many turns are left. What a waste of game time!! Give me the
    turn count upfront. With variable years/turn too often I miss count by one turn.

Is this too much to ask? It is so simple and would make game play so much easier.

-PF
    They have this in ctp1/2, by simply clicking on the date, you get the turn number instead... Easy to add, though I wont use it anyway...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Realistic combat definitely, I'm tired of loosing a battle ( ) with my High-Tech guys against some medieval ones. Yes, this happen to me very often.

Edit: Ok, battle, don't be so pedantically . Yes loosing a war is very sad but loosing a battle also.
      Last edited by Galvatron; September 12, 2002, 07:48.
      Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Why haven't you changed the values in the editor then if it bothers you? Firaxis won't change this aspect of the game, they like it this way.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I'm tired of loosing a war
          A war ??!! Maybe a battle, two, but the whole war?!
          I guess you meant battles.
          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
            A war ??!! Maybe a battle, two, but the whole war?!
            I guess you meant battles.
            I guess he's talking about a battle... but that doesn't change the fact, that loosing a war is a sad thing too
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
              Armies are cool, but I never use much strategy in making them, just load them up with my veteran and elite modern armour. Would be nice if an Army group was something that encompassed artillery, defenders and attackers.
              I want army to have unload function.
              And also sea army.

I would also want an army to have partial benefit of its member. For example, in a slow army, if there's any fast unit, the army will be able to retreat from enemy's slow army/unit (the fast unit will defend while other member retreat before finally retreat itself). It also prevent enemy from retreating (the fast unit will hunt them). Would be nice to have army that can blitz, paradrop, shore attack, etc, just by combining those unit in an army.

Comment

All armies can blitz even if the units can't already. You can do some things in the editor to make an army greater than the sum of its parts, for example, give it extra hit points.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                  All armies can blitz even if the units can't already. You can do some things in the editor to make an army greater than the sum of its parts, for example, give it extra hit points.
                  Thanks, I don't know that army can blitz by default.

My idea using army member speciality approach instead of editor approach, is to negate the ability until the permitting tech available. In case of viking (I heard its UU is can shore attack) its army could begun with shore attack ability earlier than other civ.

It's sort of an ability to design unit as in SMAC.

OOT : Why is it every time I wrote a post, it makes the thread closed ?
                  Last edited by Ekanata; September 12, 2002, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Galvatron
                    Edit: Ok, battle, don't be so pedantically . Yes loosing a war is very sad but loosing a battle also.
                    Just kidding, man, just kidding.
                    It such was a funny picture (a bunch of archers occupying a mighty german city loaded with panzers) that I couldn't resist
                    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                    --Woody Allen

Comment

all of 'em:
                      more diplomacy:
                      - trade units
                      - MPP against one opponent (join the war, if rome attacks me)
                      - buy yourself out of treaties (--> no bad reputation)

better editor:
                      - diplomacy settings
                      - easier choice of tiles/overlays (i don't like always having to choose oceans)
                      - cut or add area (e.g. make 100x100 to 120x100 or 80x100)
                      - copy-pasting

warfare is quite okay except following should be done:
                      - 8-tile range limit of bombing missions

i also want
                      - civ specific improvements
                      - civ specific governments
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Moose
                        Sadly, from what has been said about PTW, we won't be seeing any of these in the expansion.
                        It is sad. There's a lot about Civ 3 that is sad. PTW will mostly be new makeup for the same old cow.

Comment

My 2 cents:
                          - better editor AND more diplomacy options (mainly for scenario building)
                          - no settler diarrhea (give me the possibility of a discovery of a New World!)
                          - a more interesting end game
                          - usefull subs and privateers -> visible trade lines!

Comment

hi ,

there should have been an option in the poll *all of the above* , ........

but if it really comes down to one point , then it shall be the editor , .....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X