No announcement yet.

Additions needed to the editor for PtW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additions needed to the editor for PtW?

I'm just starting this thread for everyone to just list the shortcomings of the editor as it is, and what little additions are needed. I think the editor right now is excellent, but there are a bunch of little things I keep finding.

Here are mine:

-Not really important, but: Set status of player's Palace (you know, how many things have been added to it)

-set properties of a city's citizens (whether they are of someone else's civ, or resisting). Be funny to make a post fall of France Second World War scenario and have a bunch of Germans living in Paris.

-Change diplomatic agreements properties. Though it might have the potential to mess everything up, some way of changing the value the AI applies to certain agreements would be nice.
    Perhaps make map or communication trading something they'll only do with VERY close friends, or perhaps after really punishing a civ they become much more agreable with you, not furious for all time even though you could crush them in a second.

Anyway, that's all I have for now, anyone else know of any little oversights in the editor?
    You sunk my Scrableship!

DIPLOMATIC AGREEMENTS!!!

That is the key one. Many of us were very disappointed that patch 1.29 did not allow us to do that with scenarios. You want to start a "Germany invades Soviets" WW II scenario in 1941. . . and a year later see Hitler and Stalin make peace and fight against Britain and the U.S?? This is very much needed for PTW.

Comment

Another I just though of: More options for random maps in the editor. I hate it when I have an idea of the kind of map I want, but it's not so precise to be worth making my own map for. I often make (or try to) scenarios where the world can be random for all I care, but would like to be able to control the randomness just a little bit more.
      You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

I want to control time and slow (or speed up) tech research for individual civs.

Really would let you customise the scns.
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

I think the most important thing to add is a diploamcy editor and a script language
          I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

All additions to the editor are good additions. Statusperfect has spoken. Ugh.

Comment

The only thing I'm looking for in the editor, is more options for wonders/improvements. Would be nice to be able to e.g. set the % of tax, instead of it always being 50%. Would be nice to be able to make the Manhattan project a minor wonder. Would be nice to make a wonder, that gives X culture per turn to ALL cities on the continent (Or just for your own cities). Would be great, to be able to create a wonder, that speeds up worker rate, or make foregn workers, "your workers". I could go on forever...All I'm saying is "new" wonders (you create yourself) is not that new, since they can only use the special effects that has already been used...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The number of beakers required now seems to depend on a "difficulty" factor. Many things can now be changed in the editor, which is great but this difficulty factor is not. It would be nice if we get access to it.
                Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Also the starting year and the passage of time? Like 1 turn = 1 month, or 1 turn = 6 years, or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by narmox
                    Also the starting year and the passage of time? Like 1 turn = 1 month, or 1 turn = 6 years, or whatever.
                    Yea. Civ 2 had that. It is very much needed. As I recall their WW II scenario, though flawed, had MONTHLY turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
                      I think the most important thing to add is a diploamcy editor and a script language
                      Scripting brings to mind the Starcraft game editor. Now that was a great event editor - I hope Firaxis adds something like.

Couldn't make a realistic historical scn without it.
                      "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

A scripting language that, if necessary, can be used in normal games (a la Test of Time). Actually, any understandable scripting language would be fine by me.
                        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Guys, diplomacy options were on the wish-list... don't expect much.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                            Guys, diplomacy options were on the wish-list... don't expect much.
                            You know what? I never do

Comment

Good.
                              That way if anything is changed, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X