"Collector's Tin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Collector's Tin"

i missed out on whether there was a resolution to the problem of a lot of people feeling a bit gypped by the collectors edition-- i know i was a bit unhappy with the contents (which, unfortunately, makes me never want to purchase a collector's edition ever again~)...

i was wondering. if there was no resolution, and if there is high enough demand, would firaxis/infogrames consider granting those with proof of purchase from the Collector's Tin a discount on the expansion pack?
    B♭3

Probably not. This would be a logistical nightmare.

Blizzard collectors editions are always worth every extra cent. I wish more companies would learn from them. Their games are always well tested, and never rushed to release, and the collectors editions are amazing.

Not that I'm ripping on Civ3, I think its a good game too. But the expansion pack wasn't worth it. I mean, a video of Sid Meier being inducted into the Hall of Fame is not really what people want. I myself purchased the normal edition, and I'm glad I did. I have no plans of purchasing the collectors edition of PTW.
    My nickname in the PTW matchmaking system is Psygnosis.

Comment

well perhaps you could get a discount if you showed your tin at the store
      what other proof of purchase would be needed?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No store would accept that kind of an arragement. They don't want the responsibility of checking that kind of stuff. Any kind of price cut would probably be in the form of a mail in rebate. I think it would be nice, but pretty unlikely. I'm not getting the collectors edition of PTW anyway.

Warcraft III is another matter. I *must* get the collectors edition of that.

Comment

The whole fiasco with the Civ3 collectors edition has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I will never buy another collector's edition of anything again. Never never..............

Now if they included a dancing girl with the PTW collectors tin then I might consider....................
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Re: "Collector's Tin"

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            i missed out on whether there was a resolution to the problem of a lot of people feeling a bit gypped by the collectors edition-- i know i was a bit unhappy with the contents (which, unfortunately, makes me never want to purchase a collector's edition ever again~)...
            I do not understand and have no empathy for anyone that feels "ripped off" by the collectors tin. They told you exactly what you were getting, it wasn't a big mystery. Personally, I never go for such gimmicks.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

The collector's tin didn't cost any more than the regular box, i don't see why people complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                The collector's tin didn't cost any more than the regular box, i don't see why people complain about it.
                That may be the case now but at the time of release the collectors edition was $10 more than the basic game.

Comment

And for people in the USA and many other countries 10$ isn't considered money .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

for a college student, us$10 can mean one meal not at the dining hall.

that's pretty f*cking important.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      And for people in the USA and many other countries 10$ isn't considered money .
                      But this is precisely the problem my friend and it is not limited to just the usa. Man is evil and greedy

He will do anything to get what he wants. By selling garbage for $10 more than the regular stuff he hopes to sucker in enough people to make it profitable for him. He hopes that people will just say oh it's only another $10 I might as well buy the Limited Edition. I made that mistake. I have learned from it. I will not be fooled by man's evil greed again.

There was a time when a limited edition of a product was offered, the customer actually got something for his money. Today however, it is all about making money and hoping the public will be fooled into buying crap because it is "only" $10 more if you get my meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                        for a college student, us$10 can mean one meal not at the dining hall.

that's pretty f*cking important.
                        Just think. Paying $10 for the Collector's Edition saved you from eating dining hall food. That in itself should make the purchase worth it, even if the actual stuff that you paid for was worthless.

Comment

Um, let me ask a question about this Collector's Edition.

Did it have printed on the box something called "Contents" or something similar?

I have seen good Collector's Editions. Pool of Radiance had a novel in it.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk999
                            Um, let me ask a question about this Collector's Edition.

Did it have printed on the box something called "Contents" or something similar?

I have seen good Collector's Editions. Pool of Radiance had a novel in it.
                            I'm not sure about this. But I know that the contents of the CE were widely known at many internet sites before it was released. Basically, those who spent the extra money knew beforehand what they were getting.

They shouldn't b*tch about it, when they knew full well what they were getting.

Comment

They told you exactly what you were getting,

They shouldn't b*tch about it, when they knew full well what they were getting.

Bull****. There were plenty of tins that didn't have everything. I for one, NEVER got the Designer Notes (did anyone?) or that signed note by Sid.

The tin was nice though .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X