Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that we know there will be 8 civs, its time for a poll on who they should be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panag
    hi ,

what about the hebrews / jews / Israelites , ...

have a nice day
    What would their UU be?
    Last edited by Darkworld Ark; May 10, 2002, 16:35.
    Know your enemies!
    "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

The mathematics in this poll is that: 83% of all people voted spanish etc.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkworld Ark
        Having Canada as a civ would also allow me to Nuke Canada ).

If you could nuke Toronto, I'd even vote for it.
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

panag: Consider the jews members of Rome pre-disapora, or ANY Euro country post-disapora.
          The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers. The people don't acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. My (crappy) LiveJournal

Comment

What would their UU be?
            hi ,

well , samson pushed the walls of the prison , the prison fell in , every-one dead , including samson , .......

modern , plenty of examples , Merkava tank , special ops , navy , ...

old , hmmm , like an hoplite with the strenght of a swordman

if they would be in the game , they shall have their UU , ....lets hope so , ...

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

1. I think they should at least include a few more African and New World civs. Right now their kinda empty. Just not Ethiopia, please.

2. Spain and Mongols. Maybe Korea, but not before Mongols and those other suggestions.
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Having Canada as a civ would also allow me to Nuke Canada ).
                ?????????? ????????????
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by SwitchMoO

?????????? ????????????
                  What's so confusing?
                  Know your enemies!
                  "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Which civs should be in?
                    You have already voted on this poll.
                    Spanish 76 80.85%
                    Arabs 54 57.45%
                    Byzantine 24 25.53%
                    Ottoman/Turk 41 43.62%
                    Vikings 64 68.09%
                    Polish/Dutch/Other Euro civ 21 22.34%
                    Ethiopians/other new African civ 40 42.55%
                    Mayans 23 24.47%
                    Celts 39 41.49%
                    Khmer/Thai/Other Asian 18 19.15%
                    Mongols 68 72.34%
                    Koreans 29 30.85%
                    Inca 65 69.15%
                    Souix 13 13.83%
                    Tupi/Other American civ 7 7.45%
                    Carthage 42 44.68%
                    Total: 94 voters 100%

Does
                    anybody
                    know
                    how
                    the
                    mathematics
                    of
                    this
                    poll
                    work?
                    Doesn't
                    it
                    need
                    explaining?

Comment

Originally posted by Calgacus NM

Does
                      anybody
                      know
                      how
                      the
                      mathematics
                      of
                      this
                      poll
                      work?
                      Doesn't
                      it
                      need
                      explaining?
                      At this point, 95 people have voted. this poll allows each voter to vote for as many civs as he/she would like. so if 95 people voted for spain, it would recieve 100% of the votes. If something got say 32 votes, it would have 33% of the votes. Does that make sense?

Comment

What's so confusing?

he's just sad that you want to nuke his country. Poor little canadian, poor little canadian. We can annex you if you like, we'll take good care of you. promise.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

he's just sad that you want to nuke his country. Poor little canadian, poor little canadian. We can annex you if you like, we'll take good care of you. promise.

hi ,

we could always replace the Canadién's with a local french speaking "tribe" , .....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

[/mythoughts]

Poland used to be very different, a big power in europe, well thats what is in the europa universalis game. I think they could be a good civ to add (they had cheap cavalry so that could be their UU). Viking I think would be very cool with longships and / or beserkers. Also what about Scotland? they kicked englands ass enough times.

I reckon the Dutch would make a good euro civ, they did a lot of exploring and trading. Maybe the swedish too, who were busy in russia. Maybe the Italians also?

Khmer should definately be a civ, they could have the war elephant unit like the indians. Maybe also have the Thais (who conquered them) as another civ too?

What about the Gauls in europe who could have made a big civ if Ceaser hadnt conquered them?

The portugeuse did almost as much colonising and exploring as the spanish, maybe include them?

The Celts never really had an organised 'civilisation', and they were so far spread that it would be hard to say where in the world they start, but the same could be said of the zulus and iroquais i suppose. The celts could have a *woad raider* style unit like in AOE2

What happened to the sioux, if we can have iroquai why not sioux again? i think in the texas area there were other NA tribes beginning to get advanced tech, influenced by the mexican civs, maybe include them?

Also i think there are probably many more african kingdoms much more powerful and advanced than the zulu, who were destoryed by arab and europian nations and forgotten, so I dont think zulu should be the only african civ apart form Egypt. Also Carthage or Phonecia or both would be good.

The thing about civs like the americans, australians and canadians is that they are not true civs but just colonsied areas that went independant. To be realistic these should not be in the game at the start but can rebel and be created later on as in Europa Universalis game. But i suppose no america would upset 90% of the market lol

Finally, as a bonus option I think we should be able to play as the unkown civ that built the 10,000 year old cities underwater off the indian coast, and also atlantis and mu.

[/end mythoughts]

Comment

Civ poll

I would be interested to see the continent or culture from which the voters came. While most westerners are not sufficiently familiar with some of the ancient eastern cultures to vote for them, clearly the Khmer should be on the list of new cultures - they could even bring a great wonder into the mix: Angkor Wat. They also have a long tradition in performing arts (dance), agriculture and social organization. Another culture that would be interesting but is not on the list of options is the Anasazi. While not a lot is known about them, they too had a very organized social structure, construction skills, arts, and were likely the ancestors of Hopi and/or Navajo tribes.

How about a new civ trait: artistic?

Comment

How about 2 - 4 blank civs? Then, we could rename them whatever we wanted, choose our own UU's for them, choose whatever other specifics for them as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X