Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that we know there will be 8 civs, its time for a poll on who they should be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that we know there will be 8 civs, its time for a poll on who they should be...

Pick your favorite 8
    Spanish
    12.65%
    Arabs
    8.90%
    Byzantine
    3.97%
    Ottoman/Turk
    7.18%
    Vikings
    9.86%
    Polish/Dutch/Other Euro civ
    3.54%
    Ethiopians/other new African civ
    5.79%
    Mayans
    4.07%
    Celts
    6.97%
    Khmer/Thai/Other Asian
    2.36%
    Mongols
    10.61%
    Koreans
    4.18%
    Inca
    9.86%
    Souix
    2.14%
    Tupi/Other American civ
    1.39%
    Carthage
    6.54%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

And, in case firaxis didn't already realize it, there is strong support for including Spain.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

whats the percentages for?carthage,spain and mongol have 100.00%...but they dont have 100% of the votes.....
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
        whats the percentages for?carthage,spain and mongol have 100.00%...but they dont have 100% of the votes.....
        At this point, there have been 5 total voters, each of whom has voted for those civs. each voter can vote for as many (or as few) as he wants.

Comment

BTW I know I didn't pick Judea or Israel, but there weren't enough poll options. Same with Australia and Brazil and the Apache.

Comment

well i'm just concerned with spain and the incas. hopefully they'll make a native american culture group and put the US back with western europe. maybe they can make an eastern europe group too or something. 2 african civs wouldn't be a bad idea, just so they can make an african culture so the zulu aren't with the persians and babylonians, which is rediculous anyway. the arabs could go with that group, though.

i also voted for the turks and mongols, good additions i'd say. i'm not too concerned about carthage or the others though.
            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

I will vote after I see some kind of official decision from Civ 3. The reason for this is simple: will Firaxis/Infogrames listen to the fans on which 8? Probably not. We have had limited success on many things we have encouraged them to do. We being the Civ 3 communities: Apolyton, 1BigCommunity, CivFanatics, etc. We also being when large segments of these communities have made the same comments/requests.

It is extremely likely the 8 have already been decided; otherwise, they are way premature in such a release of information, what little there was.

Comment

i voted for carthage (and a bunch of others) but I would not support a "carthaginian" civ, only a phoenician civ

Comment

Celts. Since it's the clostest thing to Irish.

Erin go bra.... less.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by d_dudy
                    well i'm just concerned with spain and the incas. hopefully they'll make a native american culture group and put the US back with western europe. maybe they can make an eastern europe group too or something. 2 african civs wouldn't be a bad idea, just so they can make an african culture so the zulu aren't with the persians and babylonians, which is rediculous anyway. the arabs could go with that group, though.

I was doing some thinking in those lines as well. Here is my list on my own version of which civ gets what culture group. (* denotes new civ).

Americans:
                    Iraqious
                    Aztecs
                    *Inca
                    *Maya

Western Europe:
                    England
                    France
                    Americans
                    *Spain
                    *Celts

Eastern Europe:
                    Germany
                    Russia
                    *Poland

Med. Sea:
                    Roma
                    Greece
                    *Carthage

Africa:
                    Zulu
                    Egypt
                    *Ethiopia

Middle East:
                    Persians
                    Babs
                    India

Asia:
                    China
                    Japan
                    *Mongols
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Thrawn05: replace Poland with the Vikings and you may have it right. After all, if Germany can be considered Eastern European then so can the Vikings. I can't see Poland being included. Not enough interest in them.
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

I just want to see a return to the Viking Scribes VIKINGS 4 EVAH
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Suoix? That's culturally insensitive.

I want Ethiopians.
                          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

BTW I know I didn't pick Judea or Israel, but there weren't enough poll options. Same with Australia and Brazil and the Apache.
                            Apache???

I voted Spanish/Arabs/Incas/other African/Koreans, but:
                            1. I pray "other African" does not mean Ethiopia
                            2. If Arabs are out, then I would vote Turks.
                            I hate oral!!

Comment

Polish/Dutch/Other Euro civ
                              Hungarians\Magyars
                              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X