Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epic game PBEM with multi-turn-sessions

hi there

there are a lot of PBEMs going on at the moment, but i'm sure there are some who havn't got "enough" games running (or none at all).

i want to start a fast PBEM using epic rules (no scenario) and the newest patch (currently 1.22).

my conditions for other players:
    A) you can all find time to play for a few times per week (1-3 times) between approx. 18:00 and 24:00 UCT so we can do multi-turn sessions (especially in the beginning when turns are short). at least 1 turn per day must be possible.
    B) you are an advanced, but not too good (PBEM) player. i usually play the AI at monarch or emperor and have only played one PBEM so far (and not yet very far either)
    C) you feel dedicated to play the game as long as it takes or you're sure someone will take over your place if you have to abandon.

what i thought about, was a standard game with 8 players of which 3 or 4 (more players makes turnsessions difficult) are human. AI difficulty something around monarch.

all other conditions are open

post soon if you fit the profile and feel like such a game.

regards
    sabrewolf
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Im interested and am usually online most evenings from 6pm to midnight GMT and later too sometimes. 2 or 3 multi turn sessions a week is not a problem if my times fit in with yours.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

ChrisiusMaximus
      yes, you've been quite efficient in our other game so far
      and your times seem to match quite well with mine...

Comment

these terms suit me perfectly, so count me in!

my e-mail: eliitmees[AT]merimax.ee
        i would like to play for Portugal
        Conquests!
        usual playing time: 15 - 22 GMT

Comment

EliitMees, what about your availabilities?

are you around at the times both chrisius and i can do?

and for playing single turn per day games, what would be your favorite time slot? seeing you are in estonia, i guess you'd be before CM and me.

Comment

Since most people have found the new patch(es) to be a WMD, all my PBEMs are stalled. If there are any survivors able to play with 1.22, I'd like to join.

I'll promise at least one turn a day with the rare exception. If UCT is anything like GMT, I can't make your play sessions during the week, though most weekends would work. During the week I usually check for turns around 15:00GMT and 03:00GMT and am up until 6:00 or 8:00GMT.

I'd suggest 4 humans and 4 AIs on a small pangea map with little (40%?) water to give the best chance of a balanced start without any moderating. Continents would be interesting, but the distribution of AIs would probably favor some players over others, especially at emperor.

I'm playing my first SP game at Diety and just holding on. I can't seem to get a PBEM to move along to the point where I find out how good I am. :-(
            Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

well, 1.20 was a fiasko for multiplayers, but PBEM was fine... 1.22 is a quite good version (despite the things still missing)

rommel2d, unfortunatly your times aren't really suitable for this fast pbem. maybe we could parallel start another PBEM which suits you better (1 turn per day)? i'd volunteer to join in

your suggestion to have 4 humans+4 AI on a small map seems to favour rushing too much. and having an AI nearby of which you can capture 3 cities after 30 turns isn't very fair.

btw, i did a few tests. small pangea and standard pangea... standard size gave the more "average" results as you're not so restricted and can find a better location if you wish. the only advantage of small are the denser luxuries (easier to get happiness). but whatever... we can decide this later... what are the other people's opinions?

Comment

is fiasko an english word?

edit: ah, fiasco is the word
                Last edited by sabrewolf; April 6, 2004, 06:42.

Comment

I am usually available for playing during the week from 14:00 to 23:00 GMT and can play multiple turns between that time. As for weekends, I can promise at least one turn a day with rare exception.
                  Conquests!
                  usual playing time: 15 - 22 GMT

Comment

(bump)

let's wait a few more days, then begin the game, even if no fourth person shows up...

EliitMees & ChrisiusMaximus:
                    which world settings would you prefer? or shall we go for random?

Comment

random everything here is fine by me, should we wait for the patch thats supposed to be here soon ?

The one after 1.22 ?

I have 1.22 so can go with that if you like but there is another coming is'nt there ?
                      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

If you guys still want players, I'm game.
                        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

are you sure there's goint to be another one?
                          1.22 has come out as standalone version.. do you mean this one?

afaik, the beta community is still trying to find out if there's going to be a patch at all (it was planned, but atari is pushing civIV..

Comment

jshelr, you're GMT-5... would you be able to play the mentionned times (your early afternoons until early evenings)?

Comment

2000 GMT to 0800 GMT is my usual times, then again I'm around sometimes earlier, and sometimes later.

I can easily do a few turns a day without problem.

so can i play too?

btw, what about 4 human players, playing 2 civs each?

Comment

Working...
                              X