No announcement yet.

Age of Discovery PBEM Sign Up Take 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Ghengis. The 1502AD File was the correct one.

1502AD Turn sent to BigFree.

Comment

• 1502 AD to CerberusIV.

Comment

• to SirOsis
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• passed to farb, but i have a bug.

check this thread: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...06#post2723628

doesn't seem game ending, just odd.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• Sent to Wittlich.

Comment

• 1503AD Turn sent to BigFree.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• here's another point that you may have missed. OCEAN tiles cost 2 moves. coasts and seas are 1.

there are "sea lanes" between the two continents that allow for speedy travel
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

• Originally posted by Uber KruX
                  here's another point that you may have missed. OCEAN tiles cost 2 moves. coasts and seas are 1.

there are "sea lanes" between the two continents that allow for speedy travel
                  Yeah, that's pretty important. I forgot about that as I don't use the oceanic route, but I remember the first time Uber did that.

Comment

• I figured out the sea/ocean movements after a few turns.

1503 to CerberusIV.

Comment

• To SirOsis

Before anyone starts criticising the violent and aggressive English, yes I did just capture Chichen Itza. If Uber had left even one unit in the city I would have sailed past but an empty city was just too tempting. The Mayans can have it back next turn (but it won't have any city improvements left - I needed the cash).

Uber - put some defenders into Tenochitlan or I will take that one too.

Comment

• the spearman was there next turn.

thanks for crippling me though, that was real nice of you.

i'm sure the other europeans who had deals with me and were making money without decimating my infastructure and setting me back more turns than are in the scenario will be real happy with you for that one.

out of respect for my business relationships, i won't drop any names, but i hope they burn Cuba to the ground for this.

and if you can see as much as i think you can see, you know damn well i can't get any defenders to Tenochilitan.
                        Last edited by Inverse Icarus; February 16, 2004, 14:15.

Comment

• What is with the English? Their so aggressive in all the alternate realities.

Comment

• We know who the warmonger is.

Comment

• Is there a bounty or reward for burning down Cuba?

Comment

• Yes, you get three of your settlements burned down in retaliation for every one of mine that goes.

I wasn't looking for trouble but I just happened to have one MI in a caravel in the area. I would not have risked attacking a defended settlement but an open door was just too easy.

If that compromises anyone else's deals they should not have assumed the Mayan leader was competent to protect his capital city.

And, no, I am not going to bother burning Tenochtitlan to the ground, that was a warning not to take anything for granted rather than a statement of intent.

By the way, if the natives are going for a one city cultural they now have a civ that can't do it - but can provide sacrifices for the others. So maybe I did you a favour.

Let me be clear. The English do not want, and have no intention of starting, a war with any other European civ, anywhere on the map. We also have no further interest in the primitive native tribes. We will defend ourselves if necessary and will gladly take our GA later if anyone is careless enough to allow the opportunity.
                                Last edited by CerberusIV; February 16, 2004, 16:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X