Age of Discovery PBEM Sign Up Take 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent to Wittlich.

C'mon you lazy foreigners! (Portuguese excepted) Research some techs so we can trade.

Comment

I'M RESEARCHING AS FAST AS I CAN!

anyone want alphabet?
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'll give 1 gold fi I don't already have it.

Comment

1500AD Turn sent to BigFree.

Comment

" " CerberusIV.

Comment

1500AD to SirOsis
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Sent to Wittlich.

Comment

1501AD Turn sent to BigFree.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

" " CerberusIV.

I've just realized that this is a playable scenario! For those that have played it before you know where the resources are going to be and can plant cities there ahead of time. I'm researching GP but have no idea if I have any. What about the items like Tobacco and Furs? I have not seen any yet. Is there a prequiste tech to see them and use them? Also, I was pissed that my settler would not build a city on a forrest tile and that my Explorer could not enter a desert tile!

Should I play the scenario to become familiar with it or is that 'cheating' of sorts? What other 'rules' am I not aware of?

Comment

• Ya know, you are right...even though I too haven't played the single-player scenerio yet.

And I noticed the same thing about the settler. Why can't the settler settle in the forest? What other terrains is he prohibited from "settling"?
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• How exactly does the treasure work? Do you need a unit to pick it up and then transport it to your capital? Where is it generated?

Comment

• I have no eye deer.

Comment

• To SirOsis

If you haven't played the scenario in SP you are at quite a disadvantage compared to those who have. (That means me and Ghengis AFAIK )

Treasure is generated by particular city improvements which can only be built in cities that have particular resources connected and within their radius. The problem is that 2 of these resources - tobacco and sugar - don't show up until you have the Colonisation tech. But if you have played before they always come up in the same place. The other necessary resources are already visible on the map.

You have to clear forest and jungle before you can settle on that tile. Desert is impassable to all units.

No, I'm not going to tell you how to move treasure. That would make it too easy.
                            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• treasure is generated by the buildings at a fixed # of turns. metals generate faster than tobacco, sugar, furs, etc. check the civlopedia for the amount of turns. it is generated in the city with the structure built in it. if you build a "gold mine" in Los Angeles, a treasure will pop out every (8, i think?) turns in Los Angeles.

when a treasure is generated, it is immobile. a unit has to go there, pick it up, and bring it back to your capital. this makes for very interesting sea journies.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• OK

Well, I think that the game has started off a little unfairly then. When I set sail with my ships to settle the 'new' land, I did so blindly. while other, in the know, sailed directly for those sites that are the most prosperous. I like the game for it's explorative properties; but since other have played this map already, those properties are gone for them and it gives them an unfair advantage to say the least. I will continue to play but I'm extremely disapointed that it was not pointed out that this game was being played on a pre-generated map with some of the players knowing that map. I thought it was just a game that GF had come up with that had a few new 'twists' to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X