No announcement yet.

play by email game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now it will be faster theoretically because of less players... I will keep in the game.
    "Nuestros enemigos son imaginativos y están llenos de recursos; nosotros, también. Nunca dejan de buscar nuevas maneras de perjudicar a nuestro país y a nuestro pueblo; nosotros, tampoco." George W. Bush

Comment

• On to paddy, on Friday....And I respect your fairness Bongo. I probably should not have asked you to simply take me out; I should've been forthright with everyone that I no longer wanted to continue with our pbem.

And perhaps my timing on announcing it to you is a bit suspicious, considering that you indeed are right next to an empty Rome. I guess the thought of you destroying my capital, leaving me with just a settler, more or less tipped my balances towards ending what I've been tediously taking part of for the last month or two.

This is my first pbem, as it is for others, and I'm totally taken aback by how slow this game has gone. When I multiplay under simultaneous moves, we pass 3000bc within 15 minutes.....and with our game, we have only just broken past 3000bc!

I really don't want this to reflect badly on me, but I understand if it does. I would really like to play all of you again when Conquests comes out, perhaps with different settings (like Accel. Production for one!). I hope you don't find me leaving to discouraging, but if you do, let me have it!

Quixote

Comment

• PBEM has by default a very low pace, measured in turns per day. As I have taken part in the demo-games I was aware of that. However, even the most demanding PBEM-game takes very little time per day. Which mean that I can play them even when RL is busy. Checking the mail and playing a turn takes typically 5-15 minutes, compared to 1-3 hours in a typical SP-session. So PBEM is much better if you want to keep a relationship

Don, good luck in multiplayer. I don't think we will meet there though(at least not often), I love my wife too much for that

Have to admit that I was hoping for a game pace of minimum 1 turn per day We had...22 turns in...45 days below 0.5 turns/day.
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

• Hey, that´s quite sad.
          Don, if you want to start another game with Conquests, keep me in mind. I´ll be in definitely. Well the pace isn´t fast, but even better than in one of my other games. It started about the same time as this one and I´ve send yesterday my turn 3800 BC to the next player.

@Bongo:
          I´ll stay in the game.
          The loneliness of the long distance runner

Comment

• I'll stay too... although I am one of the reasons it is a slow game.

I am sorry that Don is leaving... the Fall of Rome... well it is written...
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I guess I will continue this game after all.

I may start a new one though, a faster one.
              Qualifications: Be able to recieve, play and send the game on several times during european dayligth(Roughly 0800-2200 GMT). Obviously this excludes most people on other continents(unless you have a sleeping disorder or a 'funny' work schedule). We may even use SMS to alert each other that the game has been sent on(very handy when you are close to a computer but not using it)

Anyone interested? I'll post it in the 'pbem' forum later.

Comment

• Sent to Kaizer Wilhelm.

This will be a special turn. I captured and razed Rome(got 14 gold as well), Don still got a settler and some units so he is not dead yet. Kaizer Wilhelm, play your turn and send the save back to me, I will then clear Don's password and disband all his units before I send the save to Paddy. We continue the game as normal from there.

Comment

• The king is dead.... long live the king...
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

• He's dead now...

Got the save from Kaizer Wilhelm, used the admin password to play Dons turn and disband his remaining units, then sent the save to Paddy. The game will proceed as normal from now on. Except that now we're four....

Your turn Paddy

Comment

• Thanks Bongo....

Onto Iron J.

I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Aaaand on to Kaizer Wilhelm.

Comment

• Sent a private to Paddy asking for his adress, but hasn't replied yet
                          Sorry, I should have asked him that before
                          "Nuestros enemigos son imaginativos y están llenos de recursos; nosotros, también. Nunca dejan de buscar nuevas maneras de perjudicar a nuestro país y a nuestro pueblo; nosotros, tampoco." George W. Bush

Comment

• Thanks for tracking me down Kaiser.

I thought I sent you all my new email address on 24 Sept.

well onto Iron J.

May the Spice flow....
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• On to Kaizer Wilhelm.... almost an hour ago

Comment

• Sent half an hour ago

Comment

Working...
                                X