play by email game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• play by email game

Anyone interested in starting a play by email game? I'd like to be able to play against at least four players. Open to suggestions about game settings.

Quixote

I'm interested.
    The loneliness of the long distance runner

Comment

I'm in.

Settings.. I use random everything in my SP-games, this will be my first PBEM-game(apart from the demogames) so I will not be very stubborn about that.

Map size? I dunno, depends of the numbers of players?
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Can I go, daddy?

It would be my first MP game too, so I don´t mind the settings.
        "Nuestros enemigos son imaginativos y están llenos de recursos; nosotros, también. Nunca dejan de buscar nuevas maneras de perjudicar a nuestro país y a nuestro pueblo; nosotros, tampoco." George W. Bush

Comment

I'd like to have a total of 12 players, up to 6 of which would be human. Map size? How about Huge, 80% water, and archipelagos? Monarch difficulty for AI's.

This'll be my first PBEM as well, so if anyone can share their experience with certain settings and other ins and outs, it would be much appreciated!

Comment

6 human players! Wouldn´t that be too long a game? It´s just an opinion.
            And about the map, I would select Large, and random in all other options. I always do it, as it´s the best way of getting out of doubts.
            "Nuestros enemigos son imaginativos y están llenos de recursos; nosotros, también. Nunca dejan de buscar nuevas maneras de perjudicar a nuestro país y a nuestro pueblo; nosotros, tampoco." George W. Bush

Comment

Well, I'm hoping we can stretch a game out to the end of October, before Conquests is released. Is that too long? I'm fairly patient, and am hoping for a well thought out, paced game.

Besides, I doubt that 6 people would play...it looks like we have 4 so far, and that should be plenty, right?

I'm willing to go random on barbarians, temperature, and age, but would like to play archipelago, or continents.

Oh and for civs, I enjoy playing with ancient era civs, so depending on which players pick which civ, I'd like to set the AI's to ancient era civs.

Comment

When you say you enjoy playing with ancient era civs, do you mean controlling them or fighting against them?

Random on barbarians sounds good. Continents or whatever, it´s up to you. Let´s see what the others have to say

Although my nick is very clear, I would really like to pick Germans

Wasn´t there a problem about playing in MP against AI? I´m not on this very much, so I don´t know if it has been fixed.
                Last edited by Johann Moritz; August 25, 2003, 20:06.

Comment

Just an opinion, I don't believe that a PBEM lasting less than 7-8 months is possible considering that you can play 200+ turns as minimum and the fastest PBEM I have seen is played at 1 turn per day speed. I am afraid that when Conquests will be released this game will be before year 0

Don K Hotay, great nickname
                  Last edited by Niessuh; August 25, 2003, 20:56.
                  Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
                  civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
                  civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

You make a good point. I was really hoping to just get a PBEM game going, but considering it could take more than 2 months to finish, and Conquests is just just around the corner, it may not be worthwhile.

I am reviewing the other PBEMs that have been played out and those that are still in progress, because once Conquests comes out, I'll definitely want to get one going. Hope I get to play you all then, and I'm sorry for the tussle!

Quixote

Comment

I'm fine with continents.

Just guessing here but if you want a 'short' game shouldn't you chose 'standard' or 'small' map and less (AI)players?

Comment

Yeah, if you want it to last two or even three months, I think it would be great to play in "small" without AI.
                        Take in count that a whole game is 540 turns, and at 1 turn/day you would finish exactly 1 year and a half after beginning.
                        Btw, here in Spain Conquests will be available on 28 November, so I don´t need to hurry as much as you do
                        But PBEM games are veeeeeery slooooooooowwwww.

Comment

How many are we so far, 4? Then I'd go for 'small' map and no AI. Or 'standard' map with 4 AI at monarch.

If we end up with 5 or more humans I'd go for a standard map, no AI.

I doubt that the game will last the full 540 turns though. Maybe 2-300. That's still over 6 months worth of play

Comment

*bump*

Don, who's going to set up the game?

Comment

Looks like Don K has given up. What are we gonna do now?

Comment

Working...
                              X