World War I in Europe - tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War I in Europe - tracker

Here we go, gentlemen, let the fun begin. If you care, the sign up thread is here (link).

The scenario requires a download of approximately 14 MB, which can be found on this site (link), and needs to be decompressed into the Civ3\Conquests\Scenarios folder. It has some new units, mainly for flavour (slightly different planes, tanks, etc.—similar to the flavour units in the Napoleonic Conquest). Some countries are missing, and some have more territory incorporated due to the MP limit of 8 players.

Civs, players, and playing order:
    • Germany (Modo)
    • Russia (Trollius IV)
    • France (Masuro)
    • Britain (Beta)
    • Spain (Paddy)
    • Ottomen (Jon)
    • Austria-Hungary (Shogun Gunner)
    • Serbia-Romania-Greece (Ljube)
    No forced alliances, no forced wars. The only victory conditions are Domination and Conquest.

No Settlers can be built, so no razing cities, please.

If you are not sure if your predecessor has your e-mail, please PM it to him.
    Last edited by Modo44; May 27, 2005, 17:21.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Why don't you make the AI Sid?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
      Why don't you make the AI Sid?
      If all of you feel up to it, sure. I hope you did play scenarios against a Sid AI...

Comment

Since there's apprently one AI on each side; [at least I hope that Austria-Hungary AI won't break the Central Powers alliance ] I do think the AI should be Demigod+.

And why can't we have humans playing France & Austria-Hungary?
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Ljube, I don't think I have your email.

Paddy knows mine.
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Modo, I propose a slight change on your turn 1 rule:

I propose that we be able to sign a straight MPP / MA / RoP on turn 1 with the AI; just no getting cash / cities / luxaries / etc. from it.
            Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
              Since there's apprently one AI on each side; [at least I hope that Austria-Hungary AI won't break the Central Powers alliance ] I do think the AI should be Demigod+.
              Except I did not force alliances/wars. Should I? Remember the numbers the AI gets for free are rather enormous, and there is no guarantee they would fight each other instead of humans. This could become silly as we would be stuck defending for a big part of the war. I mean all of us...

And why can't we have humans playing France & Austria-Hungary?
              Because 6 is good enough for speed. 8 human players would make for a very slow game, and I prefer a faster pace.

Oh, and the tech cost is ridiculous at Sid. We would be stuck at the starting technology throughout the war...

And, as happened in other games, you should post your ideas before the game is started. All of this should be in the sign up threat. Darn you.
              Last edited by Modo44; May 24, 2005, 12:58.

Comment

Considering trying to keep the AI historic while providing flexibility to humans:

I think France and Austria-Hungary should be locked against each other.

And Austria-Hungary should also be locked against Serbia. Austria-Hungary's primary goal [which they succeeded in] for the Great War was the annexation of Serbia.

Modo, I was not expecting to find this game already started this morning.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

The problem is, a Sid AI coming at you right from the start means no chance whatsoever. And I have no way to determing if Austria-Hungary will go after France first. I would even suspect it does not, as France (being another Sid AI) would have the much stronger defenses...

Leaving Austria-Hungary locked against France seems doable, though.

By the way, Grandpa Troll, if you are reading this—wait with the save. You will get another one, it seems.

Comment

This a scenario, on turn 1 it makes no difference what the AI difficulty level is. All their units are already in place, there's no additional bonus units. It's as time goes on that the reduced AI prices take affect. Sid would probably amount to something like the AI has accel on and humans don't.
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

Under my locked wars rule, I suspect that Austrian Hungary will go after Serbia on turn 1. They probably won't stop doing this until Serbia is dead, since Serbia probably has the weakest army off our civs. (But this IS historic)

The French AI on turn 1 will probably go after Austria-Hungary unless the Germans declare war on them first, in which case the French AI will be after the weakest town between Germany and Austria-Hungary. If Spain ever declares war on France, the French AI will go after them instead. The Ottoman Empire is also something the French AI would like to go after if these powers become at war.

(Now the idea of France trying to actually attack someone in WWI other than the Germans is very non-historic, but I can't think of a way to completely solve this short of having a human play France)
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

Modo, I have another idea, I don't think we were aware of the intention of having 2 AIs.

Change the two AIs to Spain and Serbia. And have Paddy and Ljube flip a coin to see who gets France and who gets Austria-Hungary.

In that case, the only thing important for the AI is lock Serbia into an alliance with Russia.

And a human rule of no trying to make peace with Russia via Serbia.
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Under my locked wars rule, I suspect that Austrian Hungary will go after Serbia on turn 1. They probably won't stop doing this until Serbia is dead, since Serbia probably has the weakest army off our civs. (But this IS historic)
                          Worry not, we can live without. Like we can live without unified Italy or any Scandinavian civs. This wil happen only if Ljube agrees to start in such a bad position.

Comment

Serbia beat Austria in two great battles in 1914. It wasn't until late 1915 when Germany intervened on Austria's behalf and Bulgaria and Turkey joined on Austria's side that Serbia got on the run. Even then, it took good four months for them to subdue Serbia and her army was largely intact, retreated to Greece, reformed, joined the Brits who fought at Gallipoli, and when the French arrived, staged a counter-attack near the end of 1916. From then on, the front was peaceful with most of Serbian territory occupied by Austria until September 1918 when Serbia-Britain-France achieved a breakthrough and Austria-Bulgarian positions on the Thessalonica front collapsed. Bulgaria capitulated 2 days later, while Austria fought for another month and Hungary kept fighting 3 weeks more.

During the WWI, Serbia was the most militaristic country in Europe having under arms most of its male population.

Comment

Sooo, do I include the forced war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia, or not? Be precise, this time.

Any other suggestions?

I would like to start the game today, because I will be gone tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X