No announcement yet.

6 player 2-a-day, thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andy, it was nice meeting you and quite good timing as well.

yep, you were in quite a good mood with all the girls swarming around you

we got lost because we missed hammersmith. we were waiting for the final destination but the bus continued on to richmond ...

enjoy france and meet you on the battlefield in the other game
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by jshelr
      Must I plead for a dignified surrender, lol.
      you must know if you plead for it or not.
      but why not play it out a bit? in the long run we have the better chance but you still have quite an advantage with all your bombers. and alexman's cities i took may still flip back to him...

Comment

• I'm sure a replacement could be found if Russ does not want to play on...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I think I'm sure. I thought about it rather completely and am sure the position is not tenable.

If you believe I should play out the game for some reason, it won't kill me. But the turns are now very long and the situation is quite hopeless.
          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• By way of further explanation, in the period leading up to amphibious war, the Maya were in full buildout mode. As a result, we now lack infantry, won't be able to build infantry or tanks. And can't build further marines as well.

The situation is somewhat like the earlier position where luck had provided all the iron and SoZ to the Maya. There is not much challenge in attacking a resource-challenged civ.

Let me know your preferences. It would have been better if the Maya had not taken such a large (and useless, for the Maya) bite out of the Byz last turn.

Comment

• it looks like krill would be willing to take on the challenge

Comment

• Well gents, I think this game has reached a satisfactory conclusion.

I can't see jshelr being able to do much against a Byz/Dutch alliance with no resources. Also, although he took a bite out of me he didn't get much of my defense, and none of my attack or bombards. It will just be a matter of time.

Sabre generously offered me victory when the attack on Arabia was successful, on account of the fact that I provided him with the resources he needed. However of course this wouldn't be appropriate as we helped each other for some time, not only with resources but also with science, cash, infrastructure, you name it, so instead, if anything, I'd prefer to call it a joint victory.

I must say, I've very mush enjoyed this game. It certainly has been one of highs and lows, ups and downs, betrayal and lasting friendships, all those good things that go into the civ mix!

I felt a bit for Alex and his RNG experience, I don't think there was much he could have done with the hand dealt to him. While his strat was to get us all fighting, mine was to keep the peace for as long as possible if I were to stand a chance of catching up Maya and the Dutch after my biffo with the Iroquois.

So thanks very much everyone! I'm sure we'll meet again...

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                  andy, it was nice meeting you and quite good timing as well.

yep, you were in quite a good mood with all the girls swarming around you
                  to be fair it was a netball party so there were lots of girls as you can imagine. however if i recall by the time you arrived the numbers had evened up a bit?

Comment

• Thanks for the game, guys.

Comment

• Could I have the admin password to check out the map...?
                      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• I think it was 'apolyton'

Comment

• thanks all. Andy's quite right

Comment

Working...
                          X