The Builders Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshelr
    I'm recommending that players agree not to build the SoZ. It's up to individual pairs, but with only two researching the SoZ will last forever and likely be the deciding factor in many games. (This is unrelated to the fact that Bongo is pounding me with ACs in iron b )
    I agree. I think the SoZ should not be allowed. Sort of a game breaker. Same for Knight's Templar?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Beta --

You could agree on civs with a partner of your choice. You can trade with, or beat the s### out of, your opponent. I would suspect most games will end in military victory, since, with only two researchers, it will take lots of turns to advance through an era.
      Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Not sure about Knights Templar. Would not object to banning it, but it doesn't have nearly the impact that SoZ does.
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Well, Beta, in my and platy's game, we have the opportunity to see ... Persians (platy) vs Sumerians (me) (randomly chosen)... Persians are a fairly good civ, but Sumerians are probably best or second-best ag civ.

Who knows? Science should go quickly though at least with 2 sci civs ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm not sure the SoZ is that big of a deal, also. We should both be making big enough of empires that the every-5-turns unit won't make a big difference ...

But i'll discuss it with Platy. Hopefully before either of us discover ivory.

Comment

Hey snoopy, I could do Nov 20 (sat) in blitz mode

I'm West Coast, best after 2pm

let me know
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I can probably do the same, not sure but we'll see Normally I'm off saturday, so unless work calls i'll be up to it

Comment

What is the idea behind these games?
                  First spawn of ..............................

Comment

-> Directs Scaeva to the first post

Comment

Beta, lets rumble

I have been wanting to do a builder game, only one of my PBEMs is shaping up that way.

All we need is someone to double check and make sure the resources aren't totally out of whack.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                        Beta, lets rumble

I have been wanting to do a builder game, only one of my PBEMs is shaping up that way.

All we need is someone to double check and make sure the resources aren't totally out of whack.
                        Brothers .... mano a mano.

But this has to be at a relaxed pace. The au601 thing almost killed me. And I still lost.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

rofl that sounds like a funny game

If you want me to double check resources just let me know, I can do it for ya

Comment

NOTICE TO ONE AND ALL:

Soltz kicked my lilly-white butt in our Builders game!

Good show Mr. Soltz and well played.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                            X