The Builders Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Builders Games

Update: Two games are going. One player is looking for a partner.

I'm looking for players who want to participate in the following game:

# Each game has two players only, no AI

# Standard pangea map, all other settings random, including civ choice

# Winners move on to play other winners

Hopefully, the starts will give everyone enough room to test civ building skills.

Iron civ rules.

If there is interest, I'm happy to patrol threads to make sure games are kept speedy.
    Last edited by jshelr; November 12, 2004, 14:37.
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

I am somewhat interested, standard map scares me a bit tho, that will be a loong game

I'm just in need of some PBEM desperately, now that i dont have much work until January, and nothing much to do at the moment

Comment

I'm willing to give it a go.
      Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

What the heck, throw my name in too.

my addy is wittlich(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror
          I am somewhat interested, standard map scares me a bit tho, that will be a loong game

I'm just in need of some PBEM desperately, now that i dont have much work until January, and nothing much to do at the moment
          He, he..... you can have your iron b game back

You may be right about the map. Small pangea map with two civs may be plenty large enough.

Comment

We already have two games ready to go here. I would be happy to let conq beat me up. Soltz and Wittlich both come from the Left Coast.

Do the rest of you agree with Conq's suggestion that the map should be smaller than standard?

Comment

ME...ME....ME

PREXT at msn dot com

I agree with smaller maps

quicker games, victories and on to the next loss
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Small map's fine with me.
                Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Should we consider a 3rd party to check the map for relatively equal distribution of resources and starting positions ? (if such nice person is found)

I have been Persia in 2 C3C PBEM games (both were random civs) and did not have any chanses of securing Iron in either of those games I definately dont want that to happen anymore

Not to mention the elimination game where i ended up without Iron or Horses, and others were practically swimming in those resources I dont mind not having the resources, if others dont have them either
                  Last edited by Conqueror; November 11, 2004, 18:34.

Comment

Conq -- do you have someone who could help that way?

I have not got the slightest idea what the map generator does with strategic resources when you request only two civs. But I'm game to try a random start and play it, particularly with so much space. This game should be peaceful into the middle ages anyway. We might not find our opponent until then

Conq and I have played in games before, but always as allies. I would like to play a game with him, if it is ok with everyone.

Soltz and Wittlich appear to be well matched in their time zone. But so is PR. Let's see who shows up tomorrow and maybe start some games then.

Comment

Youre right, with only 2 pople on small map, i think one could survive the early game without resources.

Lets try and we'll know

Send me the save when you manage to create the game. Games on. You should still have my mail as we just exhanged some mails

(band is already playing a victory tune for jshelr)

(here's what Conqueror looks like after the game)

doh thats enough smilie spam for today, i think

off to bed

Comment

One more quick tought before zzz : what about disabling SGLs, they are a game killer IMHO.

And could we use v.1.22 ? (atleast for our game, jshelr). I dont fancy going back to the stone-age 1.15 even some people wish to stick to it until the end of times

Comment

latest patch for sure. i don't think an sgl will be used to build the great library in this game

can you disable the SGLs and launch or let me know how?

Comment

OK. I'll do that in the evening when i get home. (last 2 days of work before January).

Im not sure how to disable SGL myself, but i know its possible. I'll try anyway

Comment

I am OK with any setting that is decided upon.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X