No announcement yet.

Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any more casualties in the Anglo-Prussian war?

Mar 1804 to Paddy.

Comment

• War Declared

Originally posted by Modo44
      Crown Prinz Beta, I gladly note your point about geopolitics, and geography. You will soon see, that British diplomats know it as well. Happy Ottoman hunting, my friend.

Thank you for your clear answer, Lord Paddy.

To England

Please accept this as a declaration of war.

My troops of the 2nd Voltigeur Army have entered you Danish territories.

Seems like you have deserted the place.

If you do not come out, then in a few turns my lads will knock on the door at Vejle.

France
      Attached Files
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• The Prussian cowards have left the British waters in panic, after taking a look at the fleet anchored in Vejle. And stay down.

I see the French are not honourable enough to declare war, before entering foreign lands. Forgot, or are you trying to get War Happiness? Well, no way. You will need to attack first, Lord Padriac, or leave your allies without help in the Netherlands.

Oh, now I understand. A French Transport fleet has been discovered in striking range of Britain. The Netherlands are only a distaction, then?

A minute of silence for the men on board of HMS Sirius. Except if they can dodge bulltes, or the French decide to turn back.

The British forces attack the Prussian units near Vejle:
        • 17 Household Cavalry regiments attack.
        • 2 Household Cavalry regiments lost, some damaged.
        • 6 Cuirassier regiments destroyed.
        • 6 Fusilier regiments destroyed (the Veterans, for starters).
        Are you sure you want do do this, Crown Prinz Beta? We can go on killing your men for a looong time, you know...

March 1804 sent.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• You call us not honourable

interesting

how much more could I have declared war, then what I did, you had no units anywhere to attack

and have no fear, we will attack
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Ahh, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
              Ahh, whatever.
              declare war

please show me where that is in the diplo when playing against a human

you can put your thumb down to me any time you like

yet I thought you knew me better than that

obviously not

I am not dumb, yet nor in the many pbem games that I am in have I seen such a button when playing a human

please take peace and enlighten me
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• you changed your post quick enough

so where do I "declare war"
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Enter the diplo screen with me. Now, klick the "active" button. Now, klick the "peace treaty" option. The game will ask, if you are sure you want to cancel it. Voila!

EDIT: More precise. Posted the same in the PBEM info thread.

To declare war upon a player without attacking, you need to do the following:
                  1. Contact the player you want to declare war upon.
                  2. In the diplomacy screen, click the "Active" button, to get to the active deals. It is in the lower part of the screen.
                  3. Click on the "Peace Treaty" option.
                  4. The game will ask, if you are sure you want to "renegotiate peace". Choose "Yes".
                  5. You can, if you want, try to renegotiate peace at this moment. By clearing the table and exiting the screen, war will be declared immediately.
                  Last edited by Modo44; February 23, 2005, 08:58.

Comment

• hmmm, that is most excellent indeed

would you likie the save replayed so that that is done

I must admit to never having seen that before

thanks for the lesson

sorry my actions caused you to get upset though
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                      hmmm, that is most excellent indeed

would you likie the save replayed so that that is done

I must admit to never having seen that before

thanks for the lesson

sorry my actions caused you to get upset though
                      I really tought you did this deliberately, so angry I got. Now it is to late, as Chris got the save. Worry not, I am sure to provide you with plenty War Weariness over the next turns.

Please, declare the war next turn, in case you happen to let HMS Sirius live.

Comment

• indeed I will

and Sirius can go back to harbour for a refit
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Spain has received a question from the British!! asking whether our fleet is intent on joining the acttions about to take place ?

Lord Modo we told you not to attempt private communication with us again with the intent of either seeking to know our minds or attempting to force us one way or the other. We also told you any words you sent would be made public you were warned!!!

Our fleet is however in your waters, not to seek conflict but to find out where you have put your pirates, you are a dastardly character and we know you have recently commisioned more pirates to sail under your banner.

Nations of this world listen carefully to Spain this errant leader not only posseses pirates but also uses them to destroy the shipping of other nations.

We demand to have a full list of your pirate fleet and its whereabouts, we also think you should decommission your pirate ships and use the shields to defend your lands as it seems the French seek to rid you from this earth.

Spain has become most untrusting of the British and this your own doing Lord modo !!

Do not trifle with us we know your naval strength and we can match it. End your piratical ways now and then perhaps Spain and Britain can find new common ground !!
                          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                            Spain has received a question from the British!! asking whether our fleet is intent on joining the acttions about to take place ?

Lord Modo we told you not to attempt private communication with us again with the intent of either seeking to know our minds or attempting to force us one way or the other. We also told you any words you sent would be made public you were warned!!!
                            I am aware of that, thank you very much. If you wish to talk in the open, very well.

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                            Our fleet is however in your waters, not to seek conflict but to find out where you have put your pirates, you are a dastardly character and we know you have recently commisioned more pirates to sail under your banner.

We demand to have a full list of your pirate fleet and its whereabouts, we also think you should decommission your pirate ships and use the shields to defend your lands as it seems the French seek to rid you from this earth.

Spain has become most untrusting of the British and this your own doing Lord modo !!
                            Here is my offer: The ships will be anchored near York for your fleet to "decommission" in any fashion you like (i.e. by sinking). They will be emptied first, to save the crews. Please, consider a small payment, to compensate us for the loss. Normally I would not ask for this, but I hope you will understand, that with Britain being at war with France, every asset counts.

Do you require the list of the "pirates" to be published as well, or should I send my ambassador with it?

Comment

• hahaha

payment

from a re****** like you

oh that is rich

especially when ya copuld not even pay a few gold pieces
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                                hahaha

payment

from a re****** like you

oh that is rich

especially when ya copuld not even pay a few gold pieces
                                I was talking to the honourable Spanish King, not the the filthy frog-eating drunk-on-wine warmongering French maniac.

EDIT: Forgot: and not honourable!

Comment

Working...
                                X