No announcement yet.

Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How conveniently you sit, blocking the only viable way of surrounding the evil Prussians and killing them off quickly. Just happens to be the way to get to that damaged army. How very close in case you wanted to mount a combined attack. A very lucky coincidence indeed.

You will note, that the payment has been suspended, just in case.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• like you were ever going to pay

You have been quite an untrustworthy component since the whole matter of the "pirates" that sunk my frigates

oh they were not yours were they?

So now you want my lads to move so you can hunt down a Prussian Army you have already crippled, interesting.

Why do you not just crush the Prussian force at your border first, then push through?

Or if not them, what of smashing my Voltigeurs then? i think you have noticed that it will cost you big time to crush the bulk of the French Army.

So tread lightly your Majestic Highness. Hate to see you with mud on your... shoes old salt.
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• King Modo

[roleplay]Yes, Prussia has declared war on Britain. We have no quarrels with the Russians to our east, who were our compatriats in the recent conflict against the Austrians. To that end, and as a show of good faith and peaceful intentions, we are willing to grant the Russians additional capured Austrian territory. [/roleplay]

Modo - my apologies for the lack of combat reports. I did not realize we were doing this.

From what I recall - you had 4 units on the attacked tile. Artillery bombarded two and both hit. And then my cavalry army defeated your infantry unit - which as you can see, did no go easily.

As to your vessel, it was bombarded by artillery from land until down to one HP, and then defeated by the wounded ship now on the tile.

As to naming vessels, I'm not sure what I am missing here - my frigates are 2-2-4's, etc. I thought this sort of information was clearly visible. Help me on this one please. I have no problem renaming them, I am just not sure of the benefit.

[roleplay] I regret that we are at war, but such is life. I wish you well, nonetheless, and may your troops fight with honour. Sincerely ...Crown Prinz Beta of Prussia. [/roleplay]
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
          like you were ever going to pay
          We will. Just not to someone threatening imminent conflict.

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
          So now you want my lads to move so you can hunt down a Prussian Army you have already crippled, interesting.
          The army "crippled" itself, by attacking and killing British units. OF COURSE we want revenge!

Why do you not just crush the Prussian force at your border first, then push through?
          In time, if they too insist on dying.

Or if not them, what of smashing my Voltigeurs then? i think you have noticed that it will cost you big time to crush the bulk of the French Army.
          This is most certainly not the bulk of your army. That, we both know.

Beta, Chris told me the numbers are not enough and he wants the full "Frigate", "Man-O-War", etc. Please, do the same.

Comment

• Lord Beta,

it is an accepted duty that when you rename a unit, you leave in their designation as set down in the Holy of Holies, the civlopedia
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44

We will. Just not to someone threatening imminent conflict.

This is most certainly not the bulk of your army. That, we both know.
              How have they threatened you, 17 little old French Regiments of Crack Voltigeurs threatened you, and your Big Old Fleet and your long in the tooth red coats, get outta 'ere

Well actually it is the bulk of the 2nd Voltigeur Army
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• we are shocked indeed to see that finally a nation has got so sick of listening to Britains whining it has felt it necessary to attack them

Your diplomats must have been so deaf they failed to hear the Prussians change in tone
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• What Spain wants to know is what on earth it is that Britain has been doing behind the scenes to upset our friends the Prussians ??
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Sadly, not a single message was sent from the Prussians, not until this day. I have tried to communicate before, but no answer ever came. Now they send troops. Go figure.

Well actually it is the bulk of the 2nd Voltigeur Army
                    Ahh, silly me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                      Sadly, not a single message was sent from the Prussians, not until this day. I have tried to communicate before, but no answer ever came. Now they send troops. Go figure.
                      No reply, how Rude of them... welll that explains wht they attacked you of all people then old salt

After all there can only be one bully on ta block

Glad you like my lads grouping
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Re: Diplomacy in another age

Beta - Prussia

Ljube-ljcvetko - Russia

Paddy the Scot - France

Modo - Britian

Chrisius Maximus - Spain

AI - Ottomen

AI - Austria
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

[roleplay]Yes, Prussia has declared war on Britain. We have no quarrels with the Russians to our east, who were our compatriats in the recent conflict against the Austrians. To that end, and as a show of good faith and peaceful intentions, we are willing to grant the Russians additional capured Austrian territory. [/roleplay]

This is very generous and yet not required at all. What we would like to know is the reason for your attack on the Brits. Is the attack your own idea or more likely a plan engineered in Paris in which case you are but mere pawn in the grand scheme of the new French Emperor who is obviously bent on conquering the entire continent but doesn't want to get his hands dirty in the process. And you know what happens to pawns. They get sacrificed often and promoted rarely.

Russian counter-intelligence has obtained information from reliable sources that Emperor Napoleon did not die of natural causes. Our operatives claim the new Emperor Padriac Morangie had poisoned Napoleon in order to seize the throne and pursue his agenda of unified Europe under French rule by military means, a plan Napoleon rejected. According to the Russian spy-ring the plan of Emperor Padriac is to sweet-talk Spain and Prussia into alliances with France, then pick on Britain first and later Russia and after he has subdued the only two powers that could effectively oppose him, he is going to polish off the rest with ease.

Comment

• Tut-tut-tut

Now Czar Ljube, you accuse the mighty Prussian nations of being Pawns to my plans... how trite indeed. Have you seen the size of the nation of Prussia? Have you not had discussions with Kaiser Beta of Prussia? Do you not see quite clearly that this nation stands tall when by itself, as well as in the company of its friends.

Can you also please point out when France has ever turned on a friend, an allie? I think not. So the dry blustering wind that we have come to expect from you faithful allie, Lord Modo, we are now seeing coming from not just your court, but actually from yourself. Sad indeed...

As to your claims of the passing of Emperor Napoleon, well you certainly are off the mark there old chap. So good luck in your story telling in the future, you may actually capture the nickel and dime market in the west of the Americas if you are lucky

Of all of your points, I do believe that you are right in some, wrong in many, and plain off ya rocka in others. So let us let history be the judge on these matters.

Paddy, Imperial Lord of France
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                              Tut-tut-tut
                              Nice opening. Have to remember this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko

This is very generous and yet not required at all. What we would like to know is the reason for your attack on the Brits. Is the attack your own idea or more likely a plan engineered in Paris in which case you are but mere pawn in the grand scheme of the new French Emperor who is obviously bent on conquering the entire continent but doesn't want to get his hands dirty in the process. And you know what happens to pawns. They get sacrificed often and promoted rarely.

Russian counter-intelligence has obtained information from reliable sources that Emperor Napoleon did not die of natural causes. Our operatives claim the new Emperor Padriac Morangie had poisoned Napoleon in order to seize the throne and pursue his agenda of unified Europe under French rule by military means, a plan Napoleon rejected. According to the Russian spy-ring the plan of Emperor Padriac is to sweet-talk Spain and Prussia into alliances with France, then pick on Britain first and later Russia and after he has subdued the only two powers that could effectively oppose him, he is going to polish off the rest with ease.

Sheesh all this from the Nation who now dwells in oh so much former Ottoman land !!

What is this obsession you have with Spain and Prussia being but pawns in the plans of France ?? is it not possible than Cousin Prince Beta has his own reasons for his actions ??

I tell you this here and now Lord of the Russias the only two nations who thus far have not insulted the Spanish people are the french and the Prussians. Why you at least had the decency to realise your errors some time back over our last point of issue regarding your ships entering Spanish waters.

But I have to say in all honesty that Lord Modo is a complete diplomatic Oaf !! his constsnt empty threats directed at Spain are more than reason enough for us to attack them and remove for good. Why only today again we have been blatantly threatened by the British Crackpot, if you read the post written to inform of the passing of the sacred save you will clearly see the veiled threats within.

Lord of Russia your ally is bound to bring war to your door when you are MPP bound to him and he continually insults and threatens his betters.

I believe Prince Beta was attempting to seek your neutrality in this conflict, i must point out to you that France has at this time not commited to any acts of war against the British so your assumptions are totally unfounded!!

I have been in discussions with Prussia and I have documented evidence that the British court was applying severe pressure on the Prussians to assist them in there plotting against France, I will refrain from publicly displaying this evidence at this time but if you want to seek confidence with Spain then please do send over your diplomatic envoys to our palace to discuss these issues.

Czar Ljube I am at the brink of war with the British myself, not for any lust for empire but simply out of sheer frustration and annoyance at the continual threats and harrassment these swine have dished out to my people. It is hoped that this will be avoided but when told I should be grateful that none of my nations naval vessels were attacked this month because I (Lord Modo) could have sunk them if I had wanted to then I ask you what am I to do ??

Spain does have ships on watch duty in the Atlantic and it is these vessels he refers to I assume, maybe the British despise the fact these ships are there who knows, who cares, they are only there in the first place because of the threat the most untrustworthy English pose to Spain !!!

Lord Modo your last private comunique was not at all appreciated, it was in very bad taste and contained grevious insults against an ally and friend of Spain. You should be ashamed of yourself you filthy little pirate, trifling in the affairs of other nations so, trying to bully Spain and Prussia to bend to your will !!!

I warn you Lord Modo any further private communication you think to send to us will be publicly posted here for all to see, so take my advice stop bothering Spain with your drivel and threats and insults!! Be careful how you respond pirate lest you really do desire War!!! nothing would please me more than to see you walk the plank.

Czar Ljube, Spain is a free nation, free thinking and independant. We supply your people with numerous goods and this is we know mutually beneficial. We have no arguement with your people, none at all. You must understand that there is no pact between ourselves and France but we both share the same frustrations and annoyances with the Pirates of Britain. Long ago we swore to stand by one another if these sea dogs ever tried to attack the other.

I know there is a question of French units in Prussia and can see why this would arouse suspicions, but I will tell you here that France also stationed troops in Spain during the time that Modos fleet was passing through our waters ready to protect there ally should the pirate try to land his forces and attack us. I believe the Prussian people would have far more to fear from the pirates of the north than we do down here as they are in such close proximity to them.

I know Russia must make its own choices in this world and decide for itself where honour lies, but tell me has anything that is Russian ever been molested by the French or the Prussians or the Spanish ??? i think the answer is no, but the pirate sank Spanish ships and French ships. I know who Id trust if my life depended on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X