Expansionists Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-> snoopy
    If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

-> Witt
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

390AD Turn sent to Eliitmees.

Comment

390AD to DanielXY
          Conquests!
          usual playing time: 15 - 22 GMT

Comment

-> snoopy

Comment

Just one general question since Im new to Apolyton PBEM:
              Are Tech Alliances(you coordinate research and so on) allowed in normal PBEM or is there any general rule concerning these?

From IP-Games I played Im used to no tech-trade rule (you can still trade workers, resources, luxeries or towns for money if you like). That rule exist there because tech-alliances get fast too mighty if the others dont engage in tech-allys too, which narrows the strategic options quite a bit...

So I would be in favor of a no tech-trade rule, but its also ok if the others prefer it with all options allowed

Comment

Normally that is setup and decided upon at the beginning of the game. For the most part, tech alliances are used - one way to make this a little harder to do is by playing "silent" PBEM games where there no discussion/PMs/Emails concerning deals allowed....makes for a unique twist trying to "hammer-out" a deal.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

lol yeh
                  I say usually it's allowed, and usually follow two forms - either direct trades 1-to-1 (or 2-to-1, etc.), or a more general "i send you tech you send me tech" and no specific consideration of value received, just a time limit (or era limit, often).

PBEMs value diplomacy much more than IP games, since there's a lot more time between turns for you to do so. That's why, in MOST but not all PBEM games, rules that limit diplomacy but make the game fairer are left out, or amended - many games like this one limit contact to only once you've met in-game, but have essentially no other rules.

Sent to Wittlich btw.

Comment

440AD Turn sent to EliitMees.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

-> snoopy

Comment

to wittlich

Comment

490BC Turn sent to EliitMees.

Comment

490BC sent to DanielXY

btw, I like tech alliances - it makes pbem games different from single player
                            Conquests!
                            usual playing time: 15 - 22 GMT

Comment

--> snoopy

/edit
                              bzw. Do you get my saves in german language version snoopy? Someone complained he cant read a thing in an other PBEM
                              Last edited by DanielXY; October 5, 2004, 10:06.

Comment

Umm, i don't think so. But i haven't checked If I did i'd be ok anyways, know a bit o' the deutsche sprache and could fill in the blanks in context ...

to witt a bit ago

Comment

Working...
                                X