No announcement yet.

Conquests: Mesopotamia PBEM Turnthread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah....so it all comes down to the control of a luxury item.

And by Beta's account, it looks like the first shot was fired by akulla. Can you confirm Beta's account akulla, or do you have a different story to tell?

Comment

I can confirm Beta's account.

Beta is nothing but a peace loving Sumarian Farmer trying to make his way in the world (with the assistance of the agricultural trait I might add).

Up to now he has really made nothing but Ploughs.

Now he is forced to beat them into swords.

I live right next to him and we have had nothing but cordial relations. We would have both been happy to attempt to build our way to victory.

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
        Ah....so it all comes down to the control of a luxury item.
        Well - sort of. I think akulla's main issue was geography. But then - my perspective is - first come - first served.

con - thanks for your support. And yes - it has been a relatively peaceful game up until now. So maybe we should all thank akulla for spicing up the game.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

This is true, the game was rather quiet. At least now we have some action!

Comment

mmm ... action.

Turn to the Paddy of Oz.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

2550 to Lord Wittlich
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

2250BC Turn sent to Con.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

2250 to akkula
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Just to get one thing straight, I did fire the first shot (arrow).

You can call it coincidence or what ever you want - but both the Sumerians and Hittites entered my territory on the same turn and where both within one space of one of my cities. The military actions that I brought were within the boarders of my territory, and I was well within my Imperial Rights to protect my citizens from any raiding parties. If, no aggression was their intent then they should not have entered my territory.

There are two old Meadian proverbs I would now like to relate.

Should you wake from a slumber, and a stranger is in your home. “Shoot first, ask questions later”.

An old Hellian once said a picture is worth a thousand words, so I have attached a scroll that was traced from the memory of captured enemy soldiers. (see attached)

My question is why did they enter my territory, if they mean non-aggression?

I have no quarrel with the Bab’s and only want peace. I would behead the eunuch that negotiated your Defensive Agreement with the Sumerians; it was obviously bad counsel for the Sumerians are on the Offensive. Do you have an Offensive agreement with them?

The peace loving Meades only want peace, if the Sumerians and Hittites really want peace then I will grant it to them.

To my secret allies - my most profound gratitude and undying support for your causes. I shall sacrifice 1000 virgins in your honor.

AKULLA the Great and Most Pious, Slayer of Godia the Giant, Keeper of the Flame and Man about Town -- HAS SPOKEN.

ps: turn sent.
                    Attached Files
                    The stupid shall be punished.
                    www.akulla3D.com
                    ^^^
                    "Never interupt your enemy while he is making a mistake." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by akulla
                      Just to get one thing straight, I did fire the first shot (arrow).

You can call it coincidence or what ever you want - but both the Sumerians and Hittites entered my territory on the same turn and where both within one space of one of my cities. The military actions that I brought were within the boarders of my territory, and I was well within my Imperial Rights to protect my citizens from any raiding parties. If, no aggression was their intent then they should not have entered my territory.

There are two old Meadian proverbs I would now like to relate.

Should you wake from a slumber, and a stranger is in your home. “Shoot first, ask questions later”.

An old Hellian once said a picture is worth a thousand words, so I have attached a scroll that was traced from the memory of captured enemy soldiers. (see attached)

My question is why did they enter my territory, if they mean non-aggression?

I have no quarrel with the Bab’s and only want peace. I would behead the eunuch that negotiated your Defensive Agreement with the Sumerians; it was obviously bad counsel for the Sumerians are on the Offensive. Do you have an Offensive agreement with them?

The peace loving Meades only want peace, if the Sumerians and Hittites really want peace then I will grant it to them.

To my secret allies - my most profound gratitude and undying support for your causes. I shall sacrifice 1000 virgins in your honor.

AKULLA the Great and Most Pious, Slayer of Godia the Giant, Keeper of the Flame and Man about Town -- HAS SPOKEN.

ps: turn sent.
                      That was great. The eunuch part was especially funny considering it's conmcb25.

I look forward to more trash-talk during this war. Enjoy yourselves.

P.S. I'll be able to play later tonight.

Comment

No there was no offensive agreement but you did fire the first shot hence you are the aggressor.

The Hittites have been pretty pissy with me about my units in there territory. The issues have been resolved and there was no war.

I would hardly call one warrior and one Enkidu Warrior an act of aggression, but then thats me.

Talk first, then shot. Your ancient proverb may have just gotten you into an awful mess.

Are you offering me something for peace?

Comment

!
                          www.akulla3D.com
                          ^^^

Comment

sent, to all please stay out of my territory - my country men and I all want peace, but will not accept naked agression.
                            With regards to me starting it, I asked for them to leave and they did not. Perhaps, it would have been prudent for the French to ask Germany kindly leave France when the invaded and then perhaps not.

With regards to Peace I offer my hand in friendship to the Bab's.
                            www.akulla3D.com
                            ^^^

Comment

2250bc to Beta

Comment

And to snoopy.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X