No announcement yet.

European C3C PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but what should we do about the situation that have appeared with Sixpack´s problems?
    You saw what you wanted
    You took what you saw
    We know how you did it
    Your method equals wipe out

Comment

• A strange situation. It appears the save has gone bad, in which case I propose fatwreck replays his turn and sends it to Sixpack. I'm not much into the cheats and tricks, but whatever happened certainly cracked the security.
      don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• Replaying the save and resending the turn to sixpack seems like the thing to do.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fatwreck
          because of the removal of radio the saves will probably never be compatible... and wasn´t 1.20 filled with other bugs?
          It was, but from what I can gather they only relate to online multiplaying. PBEM's work fine and we'd get the added benefit of the PBEM bugs being removed (for examle what has just happened to sixpack).

1.22 was released to fix the online multiplaying bugs with 1.20.

Originally posted by sixpack
          There's a problem. When I opened the save I saw the end of fatwreck's turn. I pressed space and got my turn. I played my turn and then pressed space. Instead of save and exit, I got Sensei's turn. What has happened?
          Had you just exited out of a single player game without closing down C3C completely before opening the turn? This is an acknowledged bug with v1.15 - before opening a PBEM you need to open C3C 'afresh' - ie you cannot close a single player game, go into the main screen, and load a new PBEM game. If so you will get what you experienced. It's a bad bug because it allows players to view all others civs (which to me just spoils the excitement and sense of acomplishment). This bug was fixed with 1.20 I believe.

Comment

• There was a problem with the grafics in the third age also, but that could be fixed...

but anyway I´ve resent the save... but is it worth continuing when sixpack has seen two players starting locations?
            You saw what you wanted
            You took what you saw
            We know how you did it

Comment

• Of course! He'll see their starting positions at some point in the game. I don't think he'd have gained any significant advantage this early on.

Comment

• ok, let´s get this baby rolling again then
                You saw what you wanted
                You took what you saw
                We know how you did it

Comment

• Hopefully he can put the map he saw out of his mind when he plays his turns. With time any other knowledge (e.g unit location, city sizes or current tech research) will be worth little aswell.

Comment

• 2710 BC to Dauphin.

Comment

• Played on too.

Comment

• 2710 BC to fatwreck
                        don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

• and on to sixpack
                          You saw what you wanted
                          You took what you saw
                          We know how you did it

Comment

• sheesh, what an utter load of poo that day was.

--> Dauphin

Comment

• I liked the bit where we had thunderstorms.

Turn played.

Comment

• You must be a Londoner!

Yup, those thunderstorms shat on me for 10 minutes during my walk home from the tube.

Beautiful morning today though!

Comment

Working...
                                X