Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any europeans want to play a diplo game this afternoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emma
    i'd love to play! but i only just got PTW. how do i join the muliplayer game at 14:00?
    Emma, I would love to play this afternoon also. Reply on the e-mail or PM me if you still are too. Anyone else interested?
    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      Sunday will be a possibility for me.
      around 14:00, but I have to go around 16:30 again...
      Let us start at 14.30 (GMT+1) and I will join. Looking forward to it.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I might join too, but I'll have to fix some firewall issues first. I think I can do this tomorrow (Saturday).

Comment

Is this game still on? Will we start at 14.30 as proposed?

Where do we meet. Gamespy? Or will someone send mails around?
          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

It's still OK for me, tomorrow at 14h30. Who will host? I have a fairly recent computer (Ath1700, 256Mb RAM) so I don't mind doing it. We could meet at Gamespy first (we'll need a password then), or try DirectIP if it doesn't work.
            "Great artists have no country."
            -Alfred de Musset

Comment

OK, Let's meet at Gamespy and see from there.
              Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I won't signup at GameSpy. They want to know too many personal information. I don't trust them.

Have a good game.

Comment

He, Sir Ralph signup? Where are you talking about? I did not have to answer any questions at all.

Did your tests succeed?
                  Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

So what did you mean by "get a password" then?

The test is in 2-3 hours, when nye comes.

Comment

I suppose Crousto meant "a password for the game". I never used a password or had to answer questions for gamespy. So, I hope your tests with nye succeed and you will join us tomorrow.

Edit: to my knowledge there is no other way then go to gamespy. Even if using directIP you first have to go there and enter the IP address. Or I am missing something here? Now I come to think about it I never saw the word gamespy anywhere nor add's for that matter. So...... ???

Anyway Direct IP would be nice to try. I am all for it.
                      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I think for a direct IP game we can also meet in the Poly chatroom. One (the host) tells his IP address, and all others choose "Direct IP connect" from the MP menu. That should do it.

Comment

That is my point. When you select multiplayer you get to gamespy. Before you can even hit "Direct IP".

By the way, I prefer not to gather in the Apolyton chatroom. It wants me to install things which I prefer not to. MSN, ICQ, plain e-mail is all ok with me.
                          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

MSN and ICQ are things I prefer not to install. They are pure spam and spyware services.

Comment

Fair enough
                              Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I think that when you create a game with 'location' set to Internet, it's a Gamespy game. You don't have to signup at their website or anything, but anyone in Gamespy or in the lobby can see your game, so there will be people we've never heard of who'll try to join, that's why I suggested to use a password. But if the host create the game with location set to 'local' in the multiplayer screen, the game will not be 'sent' to the Gamespy server, so it can only be accessed through DirectIP.
                                "Great artists have no country."
                                -Alfred de Musset

Comment

Working...
                                X