Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The east (spanish) front ...
    Attached Files
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• And the west (aztec area)
      Attached Files

Comment

• Victory status. We have a larger population advantage now, and are going to eventually catch up on land area as we take large chunks of land from Spain. (Temple rushing is a good idea here ... )
        Attached Files

Comment

• Power. Iroquois are not as scary now, especially since they have not developed any tech in the last 10 turns ... only having music theory that we don't (and we should demand music theory from Spain in return for peace, if we ever decide to make peace with them)
          Attached Files

Comment

• Finally, the demographics screen. Top 3 in the major ones, 1st in some ... we're moving on up (to the east side! Literally!)
            Attached Files

Comment

• okay it's someone else's turn now ...

Comment

• A few comments on my strategy so you know what i'm doing:

1. Take the better parts of spain - mostly toledo, santiago, and madrid, but probably also the rest of that continent just to prevent reversions. Toledo is producing a Wonder, so it's out of the picture for now (not a threat, so not bothering with it until convenient, was my strategy). Spain's strategy has been send a few longbowmen or MI at me every few turns; knights can repel them easily.

2. Keep Aztecs from declaring on us, but be prepared if they do (and they will, don't doubt that). Don't forget to tell them to leave your territory every turn. They hae been sending in knights; if they get through so they can attack, they will, but they'll leave if asked. I left a captured worker in a specific place - the one spot where they could attack Tenochtitlan in a single turn rather than having to take two - because they won't attack if it's there.

3. Trade Physics for GPT with Hittites, NOT metallurgy. They have a tooon of gold, many thousands, and will trade a lot of gold for it. Someone else will give us metallurgy later - or we'll get it on our own - or whatever, but it's not worth it to take metallurgy instead of the +200 gpt we might get for physics. 4,000 gold is more than the number of beakers it will take to get metallurgy... Iroquois are a good bet to get metallurgy anywho. (Hoping we get physics before hittites ...)

4. Eventually we'll get a trade route with Sumeria (after Madrid falls in 1250 probably) and then trade Engineering or Theology for as much GPT as possible + incense... and i suspect many of the late McM's deals for high GPT are going to expire, so I suggest renewing them for more tech. (About 10 of the civs are each sending +10gpt or so, allowing us to run 0gpt tax rate.)

5. I have been building a canal (irrigation streak) to the west and tenochtitlan; you'll probably want to mine back over some of that, some were irrigated just so we can irrigate some other squares (no river on the W coast!).

That's about it. Copernicus is going to finish shortly (barring any major emergencies). If it is aborted, Ottomans will trade us Music Theory for astronomy (and we can change Cop. to JS Bach, unless that's finished by AI too). I'm hoping secretly that Toledo finishes JS Bach so we can take it ...
                Last edited by snoopy369; January 29, 2005, 21:41.

Comment

• The players, according to the first post:
                  1. Snoopy369
                  2. smellymummy
                  3. McMeadows
                  4. Conmcb
                  5. Beta

Last few turns:
                  Snoopy369
                  Conmcb25
                  Paddy the Scot
                  McMeadows
                  Snoopy369

Smellymummy & Conmcb25 are known to have left the scenery. Paddy is a replacement. We could use another. Moreover Beta hasn't played for a while.

What's next?
                  1. We continue with 4, Beta plays the next turn, followed by Paddy, McM, Snoop
                  2. We apply for new "member(s)", who can go and play first after which we continue with the people proposed in 1.

At least I'm still interested in continuing the game. I have started a Huge SP game on Demigod with 32 civs. With 80% water, not all the civs settled in the end. I'm in a 100% winning position in 1640 AD, questioning myself how to win the game.
                  don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Working...
                  X