No announcement yet.

PBEM - WW II - sid level against japan-AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agressiveness won't change then as it doesn't affect agression in battle, just agression in diplomacy.

the oil definatly would help! maybe giving them a better nipponese infantry (8.8.2 instead of 6.5.2) and other small tweaks could make this more of a challenge.

maybe giving them all techs from beginning on (better tanks, better marines, better bombard..,. and kamikaze )

this AI japan was only dangerous in the first few turns. if you remember, i was worried that china wouldn't be able to hold on before we join in... well, smellymummy was conquering japanese from the 2nd turn on
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Another month passes by and the Commonwealth have bombed the Japs in Okinawa into the ground, so they should fall easily now. In fact we can report the demolition of the Barracks building there so their troops have nowhere to hide

On the main Jap home island we carried out a huge bombing run destroying several city buildings and injuring several troops, though we think the barracks either remains entact or smashed by other allied forces previously.

Good luck America we notice your lads poised to capture this last main island stronghold.

Next month we turn our bombers towards the last Jap island in the far North, commonwealth out
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• operation "Japanese Steel"

okinawa has fallen! that's the 4th island that has been captured by dutch forces. at least now we'll be noted in history books as a footnote "oh yes... by the way... the dutch helped a but too"

thanks to air support by our allies and own bombardment, okinawa fell within the first days of the month. japanese defences had lost all contact to other japanese and had heard that there are only 2 cities in the rest of the world that are under japanese control. they've heard of genocide and ethnic cleansing been done by the american people when burning the once proud cities to ashes!

but after the cruelties the japanese army did to the people of china and the rest of south east asia, noone sheds a tear for those "casualties". they are just collateral damage!

an assistant of dr. oppenheimer once prophecised that a fission bomb would end this war. but from the current looks of the war outcome, this bomb will never even be launched, before the americans take the rest of the once pround honshu. and the chinese or commonwealth then take the lost city up north!

immediately after the fall of okinawa, dutch forces have been loaded onto transports heading northeast to toyohara. they will probably not reach the destination before others have taken the island, but at least we're showing some goodwill! and maybe, we'll even be able to provide some bombard support! to the commonwealth and china: your ships are blocking a small passageway south of pusan: please keep the straight fo pusan free for faster ship passage, thanks

now it's just a matter

Comment

• July 1943

We have advanced further
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• china dropped in the toyohara woods

Comment

• Well though short your reports, we heartilly welcome your news. This is Japs last stand Gentlemen, we succesfully destroyed the radar tower outside Japs last city, so your troops should be able to take it our Chinese friends.

We also bombed the crap out of the city itself and got several succesful mission reports, so there should be injured troops in there.

We look forward to the celebrations that will inevitably happen once this task is complete, Godspeed Gentlemen
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• as we can't do anything effective in the next 3 turns and smellymummy is likely to capture the city this turn, i surrendered all my money to him (820g)

i've learnt a lot in this game and a 2nd round (with a much stronger japan would definatly be a lot better)

thanks for the short (21 rounds) but fun game to all of you!
                and special thanks to paddy for jumping in for redboy

Comment

• Here Here Ill second that, thanks Paddy your posts and pics have been a real treat

Comment

• well it has been an adventure

waking in the middle of thge night, concerned on where a sub had been sent?

would the transporter "Sam Carter" get through safely and on time for the attack?

Will the BB's and CA's be in position for a strong bombardment to allow the Marines a strong showing when they attack?

ahh the worries of command.

I too look forward to replaying this with a beefed up Jappaland.

Are you all interested in having a human play the role, or in the AI?

I have spent quite a bit of time in the editor learning all the various sections that the AI needs to be adjusted.

There is a thread in the help forum on this subject.

Please note that Atari / Firaxis have not spent a lot of time or resources on the AI Difficulty levels for PBEM games.
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• August 1943

The Day of Jappaland has come to an end

at the hands of the country they treated with such contempt

Go hard mighty China, take them down
                      Attached Files
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• sweet!!!

so, to strengthen japan (except giving them a human player), what do you propose?

- more oil sources
                        - better nipponese infantry
                        - better railroad
                        - more bombers and artillery

and the questions are also:
                        - do we want to play this again?
                        - who'll take china, if smellymummy takes japan?

Comment

• japan is finished

Comment

Working...
                          X