• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your a good man for an old fella wrapped in putrid rags
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• uhm, i was just thinking about a possible next game.
      i quite like the concept of playing together against the AI. i've got enough all-against-all PBEMs running already.

how does this sound:
      - age of discovery scenario.
      but we play the native american civs and the AI (not sid level) plays the european ones. we're starting massively behind in techs, but there is a slight chance to be able to fend off the european colonists long enough to take the battle back to europe
      --> "revenge of montezuma"
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• sorry to sound like a spoil sport and all that

I do wish you happy hunting lads

At this time I am already in 2 age of discovery scenarios at this time.

so I bid you well on such a game

it is a great scenario and I am sure you will enjoy it
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• ok, forget it

Comment

• sorry, did not mean to put paid to you all enjoying such a great scenario
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• no problem... i meant forget it to all, because we're a good reliable group and without you it wouldn't be as much fun.

actually, i havn't got time for anymore PBEMs, but in this group i would reconsider...

Comment

• Radar tower on Okinawa destroyed along with a Jap cruiser in the harbour sunk, thanks to China for leaving the city for us, we now have a forward airbase also

The Commonwealth now has a total of 10 heavy bombers stationed in China at 2 locations, all remaining Jap lands are in range of these squadrons, please direct our attacks if you should wish too and we will endeavour to soften your targets for you

Gentlemen Jap is on the edge of the abyss and victory, total victory will soon be ours!!

God be with you all in the coming month.
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• japan is on the brink of destruction and netherlands has decided to go all out offensive!

the weakened nipponese infantry (thanks to the commonwealth at this place!) near okinawa was taken out by an surprise attack by our first actions performed by dutch marines and 7 further troops landed on the island and will engage next turn!

unfortunatly, reinforcements would take too long to be ready (combat engineers are still healing in the hills north of formosa and other troops are either on the way or beeing built).

thanks to everyone for their presence in the region. jappaman must be crapping his pants seeing all the ships surrounding the coastlines and seeing the smoke coming from the ruins of the former city on the neighboring island and the dutch flags waving from the other side in former formosa. (see image)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• further, the dutch have discovered something very obvious and are ashamed not having used it before: workers can build airfields! this would have allowed us to send in units nearer a shortened the travel time. it wouldn't have made a big difference, but still a few turns for some units. too bad, maybe in the next world war

bombing missions were very successful.

our heavy bomber destroyed a ship in the harbour, our destroyer weakened another ship and the artillery reduced a defending nipponese infantry by a third of it's strength. within the next month, 2 further artilleries will be in range and okinawa will be ours and liberated!!!

otherwise not much happened.
                    except a gracial present for our american friends: we mined and railroaded your gem mountains! it now produced 4 shields and 6 gold. if you move your worker on to the rubber jungle tile, we can make your other mountains much more productive

kind regards to all of you!

Comment

• i agree, those instairstrips are fantastic

Comment

• Jul 1943

Osaka never had a chance

The fleet laid a massive bombardment down.

Then the 19th Light Cavalry (tank) Regiment moved in and took the town.

Two Jappa Destroyers and a transport were taken down along the jappa coast

The attack on Sapporo was quite brutal. Now named Marine Base 9, this former capital of Jappaland is now American soil.
                        Attached Files
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• 2 cities left!

meanwhile, across the bountiful country of China, everyone is busy growing hemp for the upcomming harvest...

only for parachutes of course

woops! someone forgot about the rice

Comment

• hahahahahaha ahhhh get some chocolate
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• it would be very much appreciated if the americans could air drop some hershey chocolate bars

Comment

• Im off out now so dont have time to play the save, but it occured to me that we might be able to make Jap more a challenge if we edit in plenty of oil resources on their home islands and ramp up their agressiveness to max levels. ?
                                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Working...
                                X