This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, isn't that off-topic?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

For those of us who don't speak/read French, what does the phrase "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" mean in English?

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
        For those of us who don't speak/read French, what does the phrase "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" mean in English?
        Means: "This is not a pipe". Its the famous Magritte painting (one of many like it along the same theme) pointing out that although you feel as though you are looking at a pipe and your mind registers "pipe" it is not. It is flat paper and paint.

The analogy I ASSUME Alexnm is making, is although CTP/2 makes one feel as though it is a Civ game, it is in fact, not.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Understand. Yep, it's the same as my duck analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal

although you feel as though you are looking at a pipe and your mind registers "pipe" it is not. It is flat paper and paint.
            Technically its light projected into my screen, but its all the same
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

WTF? Art and philosophy in one thread. I must be dreaming.

More to the point, if SMAC is a Civ game, then CtP definitely is one.

Hmm, five stars for this thread anyway.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Ah, but SMAC was created by Sid while CTP was not.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art

WTF? Art and philosophy in one thread. I must be dreaming.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah, well...

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Actually... I would just consider it spam
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X