This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh,little help please...

Can someone help me? There's a contest where I can win civ3-game and stuff.So I need help in third and last
    question:In Civ3 Play the World your empire will fall if any of your cities is captured in...

a.elimination
    b.evacuation
    c.incubination

This is quite stupid but still...

Ps.I'm not shearing the prize so forget it
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

a

Comment

Yes, it's "a" - options "b" and "c" are just plain silly.

Comment

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

No, surely the answer is d) - evaporation.

Pave, have you ever played a civ game before?

Comment

Hmm... Is Call to Power a "real" civ game?

Ps. Thanks for the help
            The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
            - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Originally posted by Pave
              Hmm... Is Call to Power a "real" civ game?

Ps. Thanks for the help
              Depends on who you ask?

Comment

"Is Call to Power a "real" civ game?"

Trick quesiton here.

1. CTP can be considered not a real civ game because it has no ties to the civ series.

2. CTP can be considered a real civ game because it is similiar to the the civ series.

Howver, going with my "gut feeling" I think the answer is "No." The reason being, CTP was created by Activision, and as a matter of fact, Activision was sued for using "civilization" in it's original title: "Civilization: Call To Power." That is why CTP2 was titled: "Call To Power II," with no mention of Civilization (or civ for that matter) in it's title.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

CTP is a civ game, because it is played just like a civ game is played. You start with a settler, you found cities, you connect them by roads, you research technologies, you build armies, you negotiate with other civs, you attack them and you conquer their cities. It can't be more "civish" than this.

Comment

Long before CIV 3 came out, I used to be an avid CTP2 player, and I can most definitly say that if there is such a thing as a "civilization" genre for games, than CTP1 & 2 belong. (So would Alpha Centauri, CIV1-3, Test of Time, etc.)

Unfortunately, CIV 3 is a vastly superior game. However, the one thing I wish CIV 3 was capable of was going another 1000 years into the future with futuristic technology and such.

Hmm... maybe in Civ4?

- Skeeve
                    My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

I concur Alex - CTP/CTP2 are civilization-type games. However, the question is "Is Call to Power a "real" civ game? Because of the use of the word "real" in the question, I'm thinking it is a trick question...and since Activision was sued/threatened with a lawsuit because of the use of "civilization" in it's original title, this can be construed as CTP not being a real civilization game.

Both you and Skeeve are right - If it walks like a duck, flies like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck - then it's a duck...but is it a real duck?
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Yep, a real Civ game

As an avid CTP2 player myself - although I have taken a very long PtW break from it - I would say it like this: CTP/CTP2 is definitely in the Civ genre (or, a Civilization TYPE game). It is not product under the "Civilization" name. As in: Pepsi is definitely a soda, Pepsi is not a Coke product.

I would say though, CTP/2 is a real civ game.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I play civilization and civilization call to power, I have read the question and still do not get it...

My question is did you play the original civ? If so why the question?

Hummmm
                          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                          Or do we?

Comment

Pave... nice question.

And yes, CtP is a Civ game.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Witt: I agree with you about the possibility of CTP not being a "real" civ game since it is not part of the "Civilization" series as created and developed by Sid Meier and co.

I especially liked your "duck" analogy, which reminded me of this:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X