Expansionist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
    It's all a matter of the luck of the draw.

Yes, Aeson's thread is detailed and enlightening... no arguments there. But still, many of the expansionists will have you restarting time and time again until you get lucky. Then, when you do, you'll generally be DAMN LUCKY and pull ahead in the game significantly.

It's all about out-expanding the other expansionists. Getting that free second city helps. So does getting a lot of good techs.

Definitely, the Iroquois, the Arabs, and to a lesser extent the Mongols, Zulu, Americans and British, stand to profit from their expanionist trait.

I find the Vikings' UU, as awesome as it is, a little too little, a little too late, and the Russians, ARRRGH... well, play with cultural linking off unless you want to bash your head into the wall for several hours.

hi ,

"restarting" , 9 out of 10 you get an excellent start thanks to being "expansionist" , .....

have a nice expansionist day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Juha Karlsson
      Panag is right, Americans is the best expansionist tribe. You must have an good infrastructure in a huge empire. Religious is is almost always the best trait, but not in this particular style of game. And of course, pangea and huge map is essential.

Put the research level to 0%, huts will gives you the techs anyway. Don´t defend your first city at all, only pour out scouts. If you spot some truoble then change yuor latest partly finished scout to a suitable defence unit (hurry it if necceserly). If none of your competitors is expansionist you will grab the most of the goody huts. At this time stop produce scouts, put them back to towns and disband them for something more useful like defence or temple buildings.

When most of the huts is exhausted, you probably lead the tech race and (depend of patch) have a number of towns. Don´t change the research level and don´t trade techs or connections yet. In an early town with reasonable shield pruduction, start to built palace (or some wounder that you do not want anyway).

When you get a tech for instance, litterature, change your palace/wounder project to The Great Library. When one turn is left to finish it, sell techs as hell. They will pay you a fortune for litterature if you are alone to know it. Ask the riches tribes first.

Now you will get tech for free until someone find education (Still 0% research). Until that you should use your money to rush build temples. That will help a bit from cultural flipping and release shields for settlers to fill the gaps in your scattered empire.

It´s better to build culture point improvent first, if you still can afford to rush libs and caths, do it.

Eventually, someone discover education and the next phase of the game begins. Now you are problably # 2 or # 3 in the tech race and have to jack up research level. You have now a new situation to deal with and further problems have many different solutions. But with a deasent empire you are a step closer victory.
      hi ,

cant agree more , not to mention about the fact that if you start near a river you get a city above size 6 fast and therefore you can build more and faster in the capital , ....

trow the great library in under a republic and you can get a go at cavalry , .....

from then on you can control the game without to many problems , .....

so players like to sell the techs in order to gain large amounts of money , but dont do this to early , if they dont have marketplaces they dont have the money to pay you , .....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Thanx

Thank you for the response guys!!!!

I am used to play at monarch difficulty, and I wanted to see what isabella looked like ind modern, but I did't want to use that much time playing, just to find that out.
        So I started a game at chieftain...boy, I was amazed how easy that was....cant believe I once thought chieftain was "too hard" lol
        http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47072005

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
          Come on, he was asking for that...
          I know.

Comment

Working...
          X