Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, I can't rebase my aircraft to carriers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, I can't rebase my aircraft to carriers!

Everything was working fine for part of one game, but then I couldn't rebase the planes to carriers. I used a downloaded editor to move the planes to those tiles, but it was a HUGE pain. I soon quit that game. I'm in a different game now, and I have the same problem. Is there any solution.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Maybe they're all loaded. I know, it's a c*** answer, but could be.

Comment

john, are your carriers at port or at sea? Also, have you NOT had problems with carriers before?

I have never rebased to carriers when they were in a city/port. Don't think you can.

Comment

Do you have a save?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

They're at sea, but it doesn't work. The problem is, I can't get the sav to you. The computer I have the game on has no internet. I could burn it onto a CD and put it on the old comp with the internet and send it here, but my old comp won't read burned CDs right now. Very frusturating.
          "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

u can put the save file onto a floppy, i don't think it's that big.
            ==========================
            www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

well, if there's a logical explination for this you may have unwittingly solved one of my greatest dilemas:

How to not base bombers on ships. (would make a much more realistic mod)
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

If it's PTW, it's not big... However, vanilla Civ3 save files are pretty big... it would need 3-4 floppys to save.

Comment

I checked my save files, they are about 200k average.
                  As for not basing bombers off carrier, that will make bombers useless and the already weak air units even weaker.
                  As with PTW, I think you can even base stealth bomber on carriers. Man, I just can't picture a B-2 taking off and landing on USS Kitty Hawk, can you?
                  www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

I can picture anything. After all, that's what they call "imagination". It's not real, but you can imagine it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
                      I checked my save files, they are about 200k average.
                      As for not basing bombers off carrier, that will make bombers useless and the already weak air units even weaker.
                      As with PTW, I think you can even base stealth bomber on carriers. Man, I just can't picture a B-2 taking off and landing on USS Kitty Hawk, can you?
                      That's precisely why I want to mod it. PTW gives you unlitmited range for aircraft (unlike vanilla Civ3) so you can have bombers a range of 12 and Stealth bombers 16 but without the ability to base themselves on carriers. To compensate, Fighters/Jet Fighters and Stealth Fighters would get lethal land and sea.

Someone told me to flag the bomber as a tactical missile but giving it air bombard or something...I'm gonna try. Even if it works, I'd like to see the AI use it correctly, I modded a ship-based cruise missile but the AI only launches it from cities.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I can live with bombers based on carrier but not stealth bombers.
                        I made a B-52 unit, which has range 16 and can attack twice in one turn. Stealth Bomber has range 24, but no blitz. Neither B-52 or B-2 can be based on carriers.
                        www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

How r u getting that range for bombers? I've wanted to get about the same, a bit more realistic I think, but I can't range higher that 8? I have Civ3 1.29v.

I also agree that no bombers should be on carriers, you should have range with them, but not on a carrier. I mean, come on... To get a stratofortress onto a carrier would be impossible, let alone the B-2.. I like it to be as close to real as possible, I went through and renamed most of the forces to what they are generally trying to be, ex. my carriers are USS Saratoga, so on... I also tried to be as accurate as possible with a/d also...

Makes good wars...

Comment

Originally posted by SpydraXxX
                            How r u getting that range for bombers? I've wanted to get about the same, a bit more realistic I think, but I can't range higher that 8? I have Civ3 1.29v. ...
                            PTW required.

Also, a bomber (B-17 graphic) could also represent a number of attack/bomber aircraft that are carrier based. After all, the "B-17" is representing ALL bombers pre-stealth. BTW, the B-2 stealth bomber is much SMALLER than a B-52!

Comment

SpydraXxX:

you'll have to get PTW if you want unlimited range for aircraft....

Comment

Working...
                              X