Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, I can't rebase my aircraft to carriers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTW is?

I know the B-2 is actually smaller than the B-52,
    the B-52's wingspan is 185ft. while the B-2 has a 172ft wingspan. Not a really big difference.
    And the average flight deck is 1,092ft long and 252ft. wide. Now take from that the towers and other planes on deck and you don't have enough room for either bomber, also, they have to hit a catch cord, and stop in about 1.5 sec. also in less than 500ft, because planes could be using the other side for take off. Could you see a bomber tring to land and miss the cord, and have to generate enough thrust to take off again in a blink?
    And how would you get it up in the first place? You would sling your aircraft straight into the ocean.
    I would have to say, you can't land, or lauch them bombers on or from a carrier.

Comment

Play the World: multiplayer edition of CIV3.

Comment

John:

Are you playing a mod?

If so; you may not have the aircraft transport ability enabled or it may be blocked by enabeling the transport foot unit only enabled.

Check the editor and make sure that transport aircraft is highlighted and transport foot soldiers only is NOT highighted.
        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Make the bomber carry 1 unit. Then check both the "carries only air" and "carries only foot" flags. Now, because it can carry stuff, you can't load it into anything. However, because of those two flags, it can't actually carry anything.

Comment

Ya, the PTW I just wasn't thinking.... Not uncommon.

Anyway, I am playing a mod. I have my aircraft correct with regards to special abilities. So that isn't my concern. However, I like that idea of adding the load 1 theory there only air and foot. I'm going to try that.

But now with the PTW set, do I have to buy that just to get it's editor, and does it only work with PTW .bics? Or is there somewhere to download the editor from to be used on civ3 1.29?

Comment

No, the hold 1 thing works in normal Civ3. In fact, I use it.

Comment

What about the range though?

Does PTW have it own editor, or does the game itself allow the 16 range and so on?
                Would I have to stop playing civ3 to get them numbers?
                Like other Expansions, you need the one first, but then your stuck playing the expansion version... Unless there's not much different between the two. Except for the capability for "X" range for units.

And would it be possible for a .bic from civ3 to be played with ptw?

Comment

Working...
                X