No announcement yet.

Finally got PtW - and it just crashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing...Have you tried emailing Infogrames tech support with a description of your problem and a help request?
    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of kindness, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo Buscaglia

Comment

One more thing, why waste your time on this game? Do you realize the civ2 forum is by far more active than the civ3 MP forum? There hasn't been a post in the MP forum in like a week, what should that tell you? This game came out and was patched the release day. You aren't missing anything and it sounds to me that your stereo system is just too much for this piece of **** game. If you've played civ3 then you've played PTW since only difference is a few leader heads and alot more bugs. Civ2MP has more people playing it than civ3 does and it's like 5 years old MP and nearly 8 years old from the original. Do what everyone else did, bring you game back and get your money back and then write an email to Firaxis telling them to **** off.

Comment

I have the Scandinavian version which is delivered with patch 1.14 out of the box. I tried this, suggested on the support page:

NOTE: If you are having problems running the game under Windows XP, the first thing you may wish to try is to run the game in Compatibility Mode. To do this, right-click on the icon or Start Menu entry you use to run the game, then click Properties. Click the Compatibility tab, check the box that reads "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select the OS that you wish to activate compatibility for in the drop-down box. Click the OK button to save your changes, and try running the game again.
        None of the options solved the problem or changed anything.

I never had any problems running CIV3. Not on this computer and not on my old.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Scourge
          One more thing...Have you tried emailing Infogrames tech support with a description of your problem and a help request?
          No. It could be worth a try. But my experience with tech support about hardware/software incompatibility is that they just blame each other.
          Last edited by Chemical Ollie; April 4, 2003, 02:49.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Edit: Ooops, wrong button!

Comment

Originally posted by MalevolentLight
              One more thing, why waste your time on this game? Do you realize the civ2 forum is by far more active than the civ3 MP forum? There hasn't been a post in the MP forum in like a week, what should that tell you? This game came out and was patched the release day. You aren't missing anything and it sounds to me that your stereo system is just too much for this piece of **** game. If you've played civ3 then you've played PTW since only difference is a few leader heads and alot more bugs. Civ2MP has more people playing it than civ3 does and it's like 5 years old MP and nearly 8 years old from the original. Do what everyone else did, bring you game back and get your money back and then write an email to Firaxis telling them to **** off.
              The reason I aquired PtW is to take part in the AU games in the strategy Forum here on Apolyton. I do not have time for Multiplayer, as that would lock me by the computer without being able to leave it for many hours. My family would not like that.

CIV 2 WAS an excellent game. WAS is the key word here.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre

No. It could be worth a try. But my experience with tech support about hardware/software incompatibility is that they just blame each other.
                Yeah, I know what you mean...But it couldn't hurt to try. Who knows? They might surprise you by actually helping you out (and maybe even solving your problem). Also, I should have suggested this to begin with, but have you tried completely uninstalling both PtW and the original Civ3, then reinstalling and patching both? That's another thing that's worked for quite a few other people.
                "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of kindness, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo Buscaglia

Comment

Finally...After finishing a long epic game on vanilla CIV3, I reinstalled both CIV3 and PTW. It worked. It has still crashed in 1 start attempt out of 2, but the second time went well.

Comment

Working...
                  X