Political Correctness in Civ 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoleon == Coolest French guy ever.

Glad they kept Bismarck. What were the alternatives though? There's no way they'd put Hitler in. Kaiser II is a stretch. I could see Frederick II though.

Yes, the lists could use some work. I think that may be more of a general lack of information than PC, though PC runs rampant among the national leaders...

Bring back Napoleon!!!

Comment

Bring back Stalin and his despotism goon-squad from Civ1!!!

whenever I think of the phrase MY WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS I think of that image from times of yore....
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Comments.
        German GL, what about Admiral Doernitz. (He commanded the u-boat fleet during ww2 for those unfamiliar with the name)

Boudicea would have been a far better choice for the Celt leader, or failing that, a celt GL.

English GLs,
        John Churchill, Duke of Marlborough (perhaps England's greatest general)
        Willian Slim, commanded the 14th Army from a humiliating defeat in Burma to deal Japan it's worst land defeat of ww2.

French GLs,
        Henri de la d'Auvergne, Vicomte de Turenne
        As far as De Gaulle is concerned, a quote from Winston churchill. "He has a head like a pineapple and hips like a woman."
        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I agree with Wazell. Arguing about GLs is pointless, they just appear in the game for a brief moment before they are exchanged for some production. "Oh, but what about the historical flavor?". Hm... Cleopatra living 6000 years, anyone?
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
            I agree with Wazell. Arguing about GLs is pointless, they just appear in the game for a brief moment before they are exchanged for some production. "Oh, but what about the historical flavor?". Hm... Cleopatra living 6000 years, anyone?
            Well it'd be even more of a laugh seeing Genghis Khan in 2003 with a suit and tie in the floor of the UN General Assembly ranting something barely legible like "me kill babies, rape women then eat your corn flakes!!"

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I hate it when people say that Hitler should be the German leader, and anyone who says something else is trying to be politically correct. Hitler screwed things up big time. He got his country conquered. Some people have become so anti-PC that their judgement is obscured. It's really silly. However, the TR generals, Rommel in particular, were very strong. They should be included.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                I hate it when people say that Hitler should be the German leader, and anyone who says something else is trying to be politically correct. Hitler screwed things up big time. He got his country conquered. Some people have become so anti-PC that their judgement is obscured. It's really silly. However, the TR generals, Rommel in particular, were very strong. They should be included.
                No more than some PC extreme people have too. You cannot deny that no other man caused as much impact in the world during the last 100 years. Napoleon got his country conquered too so under that standard neither would be apt.

The only reason I believe Hitler should NOT be the German leader is because I think it is unfair to the German people and their history that such a racist bigot represent them. However, for his leadership abilities and his impact on German and world history, he is defenitely suitable though I still think Bismark or Fredrick are the better choices.

Comment

WOW Master Zen !!! When did you change the .jpg??

Comment

Originally posted by epics
                    WOW Master Zen !!! When did you change the .jpg??
                    5 minutes ago...

BTW, I would have loved to see Beowulf as a leader

Comment

Master Zen uses his zen technics to change his appearance at will.

edit: I can't type that well

Comment

Working...
                      X