Space Race Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Zen,
    I've been thinking about modding cruise missiles/AEGIS for a while. Did you just add the "Tactical Missile" flag to the CM and the "Carries...." to the AEGIS? If so, did the AI react poorly to being able to carrry nukes on AEGIS? Thanks!

Comment

I don't suppose there's any way to make a ship (Destroyer) able to bombard but not directly attack subs is there? Without messing up other attack options, I mean.
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

I think the 'wussies' are the ones who turn off space race at the set-up screen. Why not just 'turn it off' with your MAs marching into the AI's capital. >
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by 0bsidi0n
          Master Zen,
          I've been thinking about modding cruise missiles/AEGIS for a while. Did you just add the "Tactical Missile" flag to the CM and the "Carries...." to the AEGIS? If so, did the AI react poorly to being able to carrry nukes on AEGIS? Thanks!
          Yep, I did just that. However, the AI doesn't ever use them on ships (well, at least I've never seen them do it)

However, I gave the missiles a range of 8 so the AI does shoot them from their cities against your ships. Kinda balances it out a little.
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel2D
            I don't suppose there's any way to make a ship (Destroyer) able to bombard but not directly attack subs is there? Without messing up other attack options, I mean.
            Nope, there isn't.

Would've been interesting though, depth charging
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
              Yep, I did just that. However, the AI doesn't ever use them on ships (well, at least I've never seen them do it)

However, I gave the missiles a range of 8 so the AI does shoot them from their cities against your ships. Kinda balances it out a little.
              I wonder if this is due to the AIs non-use of bombardment type weapons or if it's tied to the AIs use of tactical nukes. I haven't gotten that far very often, so I don't know if the AI uses subs with tactical nukes well.
              badams

Comment

Re: Space Race Victory

Originally posted by Agathon
                Apologies if this has been done to death, but I hate the space race victory. I always turn it off as having it inevitably robs me of the opportunity to use robot artillery (my favourite unit).

Does anyone else hate it as much as me? I mean the spaceship looks pretty dumb - I thought Civ 1's space race was better: allowing you to sacrifice points for speed or to build a bigger ship for more points.

I always turn off diplomatic victory as well. It's either culture, military or domination for me.
                Not as much as a cultural victory. I'm a culture whore just because I'm always affraid that my cities will flip so I always win by a cultural vic. Well I use to, now I just turn it off.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen

I actually think the Aegis are pretty worthless as it is. However, I do some major modding and enable them to carry cruise missiles, I also take away their ability to see subs and give it to Destroyers because if not then Destroyers are obsolete. That forces you to build both.
                  But they look cool....
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Cool, thanks MZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      But they look cool....
                      The AEGIS Cruiser looks like a friggin' patrol boat!
                      I was severely disappointed when I first saw the graphic preview before Civ3 came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel2D
                        I think the 'wussies' are the ones who turn off space race at the set-up screen. Why not just 'turn it off' with your MAs marching into the AI's capital. >
                        My kind of game. I had a space race victory once, but had to sabotage the iroquois to do it, then nuked the hell out of them just for laughs.
                        "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I moded the AEGIS to carry cruise missles (can carry 4) and to have a bombard radius of 4, with a bombard rating of 10.

Comment

Working...
                          X