a way to give the AI a slap in the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a way to give the AI a slap in the face

In my current game, I had a big opportunity to destroy Rome. I had just upgraded tons and tons of horsemen into knights. He was a huge country, but he still ha spearman and I had knights and nations that bordered him to the south on my side. So I took advantage and invaded him. He had really pissed me off the whole game, so I wanted to give him a slap in the face. I took his capital city and razed it. Rome, considered to be the greatest city in my world was now in ruins as my troops marched through its burning city square. I indulged in looking at Caesar on the negotiating table, begging for peace. OK, you can tell I've been playing civ3 too much recently. But don't you just love to do things like that to the AI?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I like more seeing his former population bowing to me and saying "Hail to the King! We love him!". Captured cities with WLTKD are just great to see.

Comment

starving once great cities to 1 is a good laugh
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I typically only raze cities late in the game. But, yeah, if some civ messes with me in the industrial (or modern) age, their capitol is usually TOAST (unless it has a working Wonder).

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Nuking their every cities 1 turn before Space Race Victory is always fun..

It's like: "I'm off to space.. Bye cruel cruel world"

Comment

nukes

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I miss those "My words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS" frases that used to be present in Civ2.

Comment

uh invading a civ that you hate and raze the capital i love it
                Sos groso, sabelo!
                "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

Sign ROP.. then Attack!!

Comment

minke19104 is a bad fella.

Comment

In my past two games I've built up sizeable empires to the middle ages, and then all of a sudden the allies on my borders just attack me for no reason, even though we'd been trading a lot and been pretty amiable. I don't start the fights, but I finish them, and I just love running over their cities and having them beg me to stop. But hey, they started it.
                      My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

ROP and Nuking
                        Sos groso, sabelo!
                        "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

Being the peaceful man that I am, I try to avoid war at all costs. But sometimes, foreign powers will threaten world peace and security by actually BUILDING an army. This is, of course, unacceptable, and could upset the delicate balance of power - namely, my near domination of the world. It forces me to contain their aggression, lest they attempt to realize their global ambitions. Nothing like bringing a civilization to it's knees and forcing it to live in humiliation for 70 years.

Perhaps I need to take a break from Civ...

Comment

Verto you sound familiar... Who said something like that?

Comment

Perhaps I need to take a break from Civ...
                              No! Civ is gooood... real life is baaaad...

Comment

Working...
                              X