Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the game calculate "when to improve palace"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not playing PTW. And I've had one chance to improve my palace. Look at the ground...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

It happened to me so long ago (several games) last time, that I have completely forgotten this feature!
      Nym
      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Never had trouble upgrading my palace, but then I never pay a lot of attention to this feature either...
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
          IIRC there is an option to avoid the palace under preferences. Check to make sure that this option is not enabled. Sometimes playing a PBEM game changes your preferences its possible that this is the cause and not a bug.
          I believe you're thinking of Civ 2. I don't recall a option to turn off the palace, but I could be mistaken.
          badams

Comment

Badams:

You may be right on this but my intent was to have them check just in case.
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Nice hut!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Thirgaral
                One problem I´ve noticed is that if you do really great one turn so the "palacebuilds" wait in line or if you store them during many turns , enabling you to build them all at the same time.... if you don´t see them, the others will remain unused and if you save that game they won´t be there when you load it again....which means you´ve lost your chance of building a nice palace.....
                I've noticed that if I save a game and reload it that the palace builds won't be in place, but I'll have 'credit' for them and I can build them.

For example, say I've had 5 palace builds so far this game and I use them all on the main building. Then I save and exit the game. When I reload it and check my palace screen (which isn't often) my palace will be just a rock, but I'll have 5 builds awaiting my decision of where to put them.

I don't remember if this was just w/ PTW or if it also happened in regular Civ3.

As far as what triggers the Palace Builds, here's what the Civ3 manual has to say: "As you rule, your citizens will sometimes offer to improve your imperial palace (Pg 198." and "At times throughout the game, your citizens will spontaneously offer to make improvements to your palace (Pg. 219.)"

Those quotes don't really help much, do they?
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

I've noticed that if I save a game and reload it that the palace builds won't be in place, but I'll have 'credit' for them and I can build them.
                  Well, that´s a problem I´ve never had. But I only have regular civ 3, so it´s probably a PTW problem.
                  Uhm...how often does it happen?

As far as what triggers the Palace Builds, here's what the Civ3 manual has to say: "As you rule, your citizens will sometimes offer to improve your imperial palace (Pg 198." and "At times throughout the game, your citizens will spontaneously offer to make improvements to your palace (Pg. 219.)"
                  No they don´t.... But I´m glad firaxis won´t reveal all the secrets of the game.... otherwise you would end up going:
                  "If i cin that, the program will cout that. So what do I input to get the right output?"
                  (the worst nerd would sit there only seeing binary numbers )
                  And you´d loose some of the magic....
                  If you don´t know all the processes of the program, it feels more real...
                  And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

I've always wondered if it was harder for the programmer to play and enjoy his game like civ 3 since he already knows the nuts and bolts of the system.
                    badams

Comment

If find it harder to enjoy my own games....not that they´re so advanced but....

Comment

Originally posted by Thirgaral
                        Well, that´s a problem I´ve never had. But I only have regular civ 3, so it´s probably a PTW problem.
                        Uhm...how often does it happen?
                        Ok, so I was brain-dead when I wrote that. After looking back, I think it only happened during a multiplayer game that I had saved and restarted.

Sorry, I didn't mean for my personal dementia to spread to others.
                        "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by steven8r

Ok, so I was brain-dead when I wrote that. After looking back, I think it only happened during a multiplayer game that I had saved and restarted.

Sorry, I didn't mean for my personal dementia to spread to others.
                          Ok

Comment

Working...
                          X