Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the game calculate "when to improve palace"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the game calculate "when to improve palace"?

I know, this question is quite unimportant, but this seems a bit odd, don't you think?

I'm having a success in this game, I'm the Persians (the light green in the minimap).

I'm the leader in everything by far. And yet, my palace looks like this (I'm not joking!). During the ages I've been on despotism, monarchy and democracy (my current government).

So, what's the deal?
    Attached Files
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

This why I hate doing the "impove your ****"
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Your reply hardly answers to my question...
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Strange. Usually there is a prompt to improve the palace after certain key events. The initial one is usually defeating a first barbarian. I have had the game fail to prompt me for a while and then built four or five bits of the palace at once. Usually though if I open up the F9 screen it prompts me to build a bit of the palace if I can.

I know that doesn't answer your question, except that it can be a bit erratic.

Maybe you are too good and the AI is fed up with getting its ass kicked so it is making you live in a mud hut in the game as revenge.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Same thing happened to me, even in Ptw, regardless of patches. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. It's clearly a bug. I think they were supposed to fix it but...

Comment

As bugs go, its one I can more than live with.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

One time when I didn't build any city improvements, I only got to improve my palace one time. I ended up winning the game by domination. So I think one of the factors has to be somehow tied to city improvements, whether it be happiness or something else, I'm not sure.
              badams

Comment

I thinks its a bug, sometimes i can improve it all the way by 1500 other times it never apears
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

One problem I´ve noticed is that if you do really great one turn so the "palacebuilds" wait in line or if you store them during many turns , enabling you to build them all at the same time.... if you don´t see them, the others will remain unused and if you save that game they won´t be there when you load it again....which means you´ve lost your chance of building a nice palace.....
                  And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

I think (although i'm not certain) that certain events trigger palace improvements - and yes they do get 'stuck' sometimes and then you get to do several at once.

I've noticed that early on the first time a Barbarian attacks a city and you defeat it you will almost allways get one.

Quite often you get one for building a new city (seems to happen more with expansionist civs).

There are others but these are the only ones that seem to happen often. I think health/happiness/education have a influence too.
                    'It's all just a bunch of flees fighting over who owns the dog'

Comment

I usually get them with WLTK days.
                      "Aye, I suppose I can stay up that late."

James C. Maxwell when he was told there was a mandatory 6 AM mass at the Cambridge chapel.

Comment

I usually get some after building a wonder, and if I build a lot of wonders almost at once, then I get lots of improvements. Not that I really though; that's the one thing I liked a little more in civ2. Building your palace is just not the same thing as decorating your throne room... I liked to decorate everything around and STILL sit on a rock.

Comment

The palace has no function in the game has it? I have gotten bored of building it, so I just ignore it.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                            Your reply hardly answers to my question...
                            I guess why your laughing is because of the stars, those a suppost to repented (I can't spell) it being a Blank, I think I shold of put that there first.
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

IIRC there is an option to avoid the palace under preferences. Check to make sure that this option is not enabled. Sometimes playing a PBEM game changes your preferences its possible that this is the cause and not a bug.
                              * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                              X