No announcement yet.

Reply to: Only Seven Civs per game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Kull if I can think for myself and don't always go with peer pressure. Independent thinking is needed for success, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

quote:

If you actually READ Mike's post, you'll see he refers only to the "official announcement" of how many civs "may or may not be in the game". Interpreting THAT as "Firaxis doesn't know how many" is quite a stretch, even for you.

Actually it means basically the exact same thing. There is no announcement for how many civs may or may not be in the game means that they DON'T KNOW! This is very easy, but I guess easy inferences isn't your cup of tea?

quote:

1) The "number of simultaneous civs" has been constant throughout the Civ series.
    2) All the Civ3 reviewers have walked away from their previews believing that nothing has changed in that regard.

And also Civ3 is 50% done. Can you say jumping the gun? A bit premature? Although I guess you (and your significant other, by that I mean your hand) already know the meaning of premature.

If you want to run around yelling and jumping up and down like five year old children, no skin off my back, but don't think I'll stand for it.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nice try Imran, but thinking is the one element which is clearly missing from all your posts. Taunting? Flaming? Ridicule? All present and accounted for. But rational thought? Sorry, just echoing silence in that arena. You've shown some evidence of maturity in the past year, but I guess old habits are hard to break.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

quote:

Taunting? Flaming? Ridicule? All present and accounted for. But rational thought? Sorry, just echoing silence in that arena.

Oh, says Kull... but started his first post in this thread with:

quote:

Imran: Your continued belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy is quite inspiring. And thanks for sharing that last piece of mental masturbation with the rest of us.

Thank you for your hypocrisy, but maybe, when you educate yourself you can join the rest of humanity in rational thinking. Something you are sorely lacking.

Is it any coincidence that you neglected to deflect any of my points? No, because you find it easier to hit and run. Your game isn't well played though and your 'thought' or lack thereof is solely lacking.

And funny that you attempt to make an argument on maturity. Is the pot calling the kettle black? I do believe so!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS on 05-16-2001 02:29 AM
          FIRAXIS has made no official announcement concerning the number of civs that may or may not be in the game.

so its true magazines do just make everything up!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ancient on 05-19-2001 10:14 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Firaxis was never quoted in the magazines as saying so, but conversations that are the base of the previews might have made the 7/8 number. All Mike's quote said is that Firaxis wouldn't confirm the previews or make an official announcement themselves.

Wait, I saw CTP2 previews with scores above 80%, yeah you're right, they are pretty full of it.

Comment

Imran: Your continued belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy is quite inspiring. And thanks for sharing that last piece of mental masturbation with the rest of us.

If you actually READ Mike's post, you'll see he refers only to the "official announcement" of how many civs "may or may not be in the game". Interpreting THAT as "Firaxis doesn't know how many" is quite a stretch, even for you.

What intrigues those of us who are capable of independent thought, is this:

1) The "number of simultaneous civs" has been constant throughout the Civ series.
              2) All the Civ3 reviewers have walked away from their previews believing that nothing has changed in that regard.
              3) There was a mini-firestorm at Apolyton over the apparent continuation of this limit.
              4) The only official comment from Firaxis (in the midst of the civ-limit uproar) is that "we haven't made a formal announcement on this yet".

So if some of us thought that was a bit suspicious, well exxxccccuuuuuuse meeeeee!!

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

quote:

As the game currently uses SMAC engine the playable civs maybe are 7 in the versions of the game that has been showed to press.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Grumble, grumble.....losing really long posts is right near the top of my "most aggravating events" list. The synopsis:

1) Apology to Imraan. I don't care for the tone you've displayed in EVERY post on this topic, but rolling in the gutter just gets both people dirty.

2) Imraan: Read Mike Breitkreutz' post again. Do you see the words "we don't know how many civs there will be" in there anywhere? No you don't. Which means you're guilty of exactly the same behaviour you've ridiculed in others, i.e. drawing your own non-fact-based opinions from a VERY limited set of sources.

3) Purpose of this Topic: "Tea Leaf Reading". None of us REALLY know what Firaxis is going to do (or has already done but is unwilling to own up to) with respect to "number of simultaneous civs". There are precious few facts on this subject, so it leaves a wide latitude for interpretation. The possibility that Firaxis "doesn't know" is just as valid as "Sid's dog ate the development paper containing that data".

Comment

quote:

As the game currently uses SMAC engine the playable civs maybe are 7 in the versions of the game that has been showed to press.

That's a realistic possibility. I've already agreed on that point, writing about graphic map looking too dull to be the result of (more or less quoting) "12 thousand of tiles painted by Firaxis artist".

------------------
                    A weapon is a device for making your enemy change his mind. The mind was the first and final battleground, the stuff in between was just noise.
                    - Admiral Naismith
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I'm not sure I'll buy Civ 3 if it had only 7-8 civs per game.

To me increasing the number of civs per game is the single most important improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oogkloot

I'm not sure I'll buy Civ 3 if it had only 7-8 civs per game.

To me increasing the number of civs per game is the single most important improvement.
                        Even if they do release it with 7-8 civs I am still going to buy it, just because it has so many other good things to it!!!

But it would make it a PLUS if they do include more than 7 civs!!!
                        "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
                        "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

The game would just have so much more depth with more civs. Hope the make it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by manofthehour
                            The game would just have so much more depth with more civs. Hope the make it possible.
                            Thats what we all hope!!!
                            "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
                            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Working...
                            X