Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rah, I apologize if I've misunderstood what's happening in this thread but to me it looks like more personal argument than Civ3 discussion. What Civ3 discussion I did see taking place was about the pro and cons about hiding technology even when the civ had the prereques. I started the other thread so that people could talk about it without wading through page long posts on the fallacies of someone else's page long posts.
    I not only dream in colour, I dream in 32-bit colour.

Comment

Well, I suppose there's even a third way to deal with this--not random in the instant case, but based on the randomness of the game that was set up.

For instance, if you are near such and such natural resource then you are assured of getting the option for the tech. Or based on a geographical situation--close to the sea, etc. Necessity really is the mother of invention.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

chill out guys......
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
        X