Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berzerker: Mark answered your "Huge game killing bug." You didn't have the pre-reqs for Economics.

We weren't talking about evil bugged internet play when you went into a carpet-chewing rage against Zanzin for his (obviously entirely accurate) remarks.

Read your insanely stupid post about how he's a peice of human waste and you'd punch him if he pointed out your stupidity personally.

Any other questions? Yes, that's my real address. Yes, I highly doubt you'll make any use of it. Why? Because it was a stupid, empty threat when you made it. Remember the portion of this charming discourse when we discussed people making empty threats behind computer screens?

Cyclotron, I'm sorry to interrupt useful discussions with this matter, but it's Berzerker who's refused to be sensible and apologize to Zanzin. Uttering threats, calling people pieces of ****...

Anyway, I sure hope he doesn't come make good on it!

Comment

"Beserker", you started the violence by calling Firaxis clowns.

You're fist post states "I'm in the middle of a tribe game"

"in the middle of" ?? civ3 isn't even out yet.....I now understand that you were talking about a "problem" in civ2 that you feel shouldn't be present in civ3. Okay, fair enough.....but man, you've got a serious attitude problem - the way you go about things is just rubbing everyone the wrong way.

I should have out a after my first post.

You keep talking about "where you come from" - where do you come from? Some place of the earth where everybody is walking around and the first person who looks at you cockeyed you punch out? What the hell are you trying to prove?

Get over yourself, you're not that great, and drop the whole macho act - you're not fooling anyone.
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Jason -
        Berzerker: Mark answered your "Huge game killing bug." You didn't have the pre-reqs for Economics.
        Not according to the tech tree that comes with the game. And Markus offered his explanation AFTER I posted my complaint and request for the improvement. You seem to be saying I should have never made the complaint in the first place and that I have no business making the request for the improvement.

We weren't talking about evil bugged internet play when you went into a carpet-chewing rage against Zanzin for his (obviously entirely accurate) remarks.
        His only comment was that I was in the wrong forum (with insult added). He was wrong since I was addressing my comment to the people who were responsible for Civ II and about to offer Civ III. But I guess it'll take you even longer than it took him to figure that out. And yes, my prior experience with the unprofessional (FRAUD) conduct of these people has colored my attitude toward them and the people who defend them.

Read your insanely stupid post about how he's a peice of human waste and you'd punch him if he pointed out your stupidity personally.
        If I had done something foolish, I could accept someone pointing out my error, but when some ignoramus calls me a fool because he cant understand simple logic, I would punch him in the nose.
        But you've offered nothing but a series of inaccurate and incomprehensible statements as I have shown while you have failed to show how my posts are stupid. Do understand how to debate?

Any other questions?
        Yes, are you a leftist/liberal? I understand they have extra thick skulls, so I may need to work out on the heavy bag before paying you a visit.

Yes, that's my real address. Yes, I highly doubt you'll make any use of it. Why? Because it was a stupid, empty threat when you made it.
        Hey, dummy, I never made the threat. He challenged me to come down to Australia to punch him. It isn't a threat to accept (or reject) the challenge of someone who is making a threat. Yeah, think about it Einstein, he was the one who made the threat, not me, lol. Was he making a stupid, empty challenge or are you a hypocrite too?

Remember the portion of this charming discourse when we discussed people making empty threats behind computer screens?
        Or was it empty challenges? Doh!

Cyclotron, I'm sorry to interrupt useful discussions with this matter, but it's Berzerker who's refused to be sensible and apologize to Zanzin. Uttering threats, calling people pieces of ****...
        Jason, you are a hypocrite, you defend calling strangers fools while complaining about people "uttering threats" when all I did was respond to his challenge to travel to Australia to punch him.
        And you want me to apologise to that as$hole?

Zanzin -
        "Beserker", you started the violence by calling Firaxis clowns.
        And you call me a fool? LOL. The people who sold Civ II for the internet are frauds, especially the people who put out the Mac version. Apparently I spoke ill of someone's sacred cow, get over it!

You're fist post states "I'm in the middle of a tribe game"

"in the middle of" ?? civ3 isn't even out yet.....I now understand that you were talking about a "problem" in civ2 that you feel shouldn't be present in civ3. Okay, fair enough.....but man, you've got a serious attitude problem - the way you go about things is just rubbing everyone the wrong way.
        I'm not the one who entered someone else's thread to announce they are a fool because I could not understand what they were talking about. Btw, I could not very well be in the middle of a Civ III game. Everyone who has made suggestions for Civ III has done so with Civ II as there starting point.

You keep talking about "where you come from" - where do you come from? Some place of the earth where everybody is walking around and the first person who looks at you cockeyed you punch out? What the hell are you trying to prove?
        I live just outside of Topeka, Kansas. And this is not about giving someone a certain look, it's about calling strangers "fools". Do it around here and you've got a fight on your hands. I doubt you could get away with your behavior down under either. But let's see, walk up to someone you think could kick your butt and call them a fool. You seem to think we are unusual here, I suspect people down there are not much different.

Get over yourself, you're not that great, and drop the whole macho act - you're not fooling anyone
        Never said I was great, that's the second strawman in your post.
        And what I told you was the truth, if you had called me a fool to my face under these circumstances, I would have decked you. And when I apologise to someone, I dont call them an idiot at the same time - that was really slimey.

Comment

Alright Beserker, you win. Your deconstruction of everything I say is impossible to match!!

Can we just put this behind us now?

Comment

Of course not.

Berzerker: I would remind you that those who put out Civ2 MPG aren't the ones who did Civ2. The Civ2-ers had already moved on to Firaxis, IIRC, and now on to Big Huge Games.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Kill this thread! Doesn't anyone know that even if you have the pre-reqs for a tech, 1/3 of the time you can't research it? I can't remember who came up with this (it might have been Oedo) but they also had a system to predict when it would be that you couldn't research it, which was incredibly complicated and involved hours and hours of testing.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Zanzin -
                Can we just put this behind us now?
                Yes. Btw, Jason thinks you are a wimp.

DanS -
                Berzerker: I would remind you that those who put out Civ2 MPG aren't the ones who did Civ2. The Civ2-ers had already moved on to Firaxis, IIRC, and now on to Big Huge Games
                I addressed my comments to the people responsible for the Civ II sold to us under the guise of internet play and Civ III. Obviously if someone working on Civ III had nothing to do with Civ II, my comments were not meant for them beyond my request that they either remove the randomness in tech research or provide an option for the host to remove said randomness.

Krazyhorse -
                Kill this thread!
                If you dont like the thread, STAY THE HELL OUT! I dont enter your threads demanding they be shut down.

Doesn't anyone know that even if you have the pre-reqs for a tech, 1/3 of the time you can't research it?
                Apparently you are the only one in this thread who knows that. And had this thread been shut down as per someone else's demands, you would not have been able to share your knowledge with us. But as I pointed out, I at least want the makers of Civ III to provide us with the option of removing this randomness, so sorry to disturb you.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                  Zanzin -

Yes. Btw, Jason thinks you are a wimp.
                  who are you, Jason's husband?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                    Apparently you are the only one in this thread who knows that.
                    It was either stated in the manual with the game, or in one of the strategy guides. Anyway I knew it. I also thought it was common knowledge. And that wasn't meant as a cut, I REALLY thought that.. Before you go ballistic again.

However you did come into a civ3 forum with a civ2 question. You could have completed your title "...crap in civ3!" or made some mention of civ3 in your post. It comes across as a civ2 concern.
                    You also have a knack of copping a serious attitude in your posts, which is why you got slapped with the "fool" label. Save such rants for the OT, please. It ain't welcome here. I find it equally hard to believe that Rah is defending your attacks.

And lastly, I prefer the current method of not always allowing a civ to pick a tech even though it has the pre-reqs. Even though it has on occasion pissed me off in the past.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Exactly What Theban Said

Theban: Ditto. As if Hasblow has anything to do with the people making Civ3! Multiplayer bugs certainly aren't the fault of the original civ2 dev team.

Btw, Zanzin, what's Berzerker is (apparently) referring to was my first ICQ message where I said if I had been you, I would have called his absurd threat of physical violence what it was, a sad joke.

Comment

Fighting talk!

Right, my opinion is this...

I'm right! You're wrong! Whatever I say is correct and anything you say should be wrung from your half decapitated throats with a big vice.

I'm quite capable and willing to murder the entire lot of you...you big shower of ba***rds, come on, I'll take you all on with one hand tied behind my back, a blindfold on hung upside down from a tree!! Well, what are you waiting for? COME ON!!!

MURDER, DEATH, KILL, MAIM! CUT BITS OFF YOUR LEGS AND THEM FEED 'EM TO YOU! AAARGGGHHH!!

(nurse, more tablets please)

Comment

this is confusing!

And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Zanzin -
                            who are you, Jason's husband?
                            I guess you were just kidding when you asked to put this behind us. No, Jason let me know over ICQ how he felt about you.

Theben -
                            It was either stated in the manual with the game, or in one of the strategy guides.
                            Oh gee, that narrows it down I must have forgot to read all those strategy guides. Markus is no slouch at this game and he thought Economics had a 'hidden' pre-req not in the tree. Rah thought it was just randomness without mentioning the 1/3rd part. But how does this invalidate my post? I did not know either AND I wanted it fixed for Civ III.

Anyway I knew it.
                            But you waited until now to say so, thanks.

I also thought it was common knowledge.
                            And I thought it was common knowledge that gov't switching occured every 4 turns (on deity at least), but Oedo showed otherwise. So what?

And that wasn't meant as a cut, I REALLY thought that.. Before you go ballistic again.
                            Pardon me, but I only go "ballistic" when people launch insults without cause from behind a computer screen.

However you did come into a civ3 forum with a civ2 question. You could have completed your title "...crap in civ3!" or made some mention of civ3 in your post. It comes across as a civ2 concern.
                            Strange, I post a complaint about Civ II and a request it be fixed in a Civ III forum, and some people cant figure out I meant the complaint and request for the makers of Civ II and Civ III. I guess I should have spelled it out for you, but in reality, your opinion doesn't matter. My request was made for the makers of Civ III, not you, and while I think they can figure out what I am requesting, posting my request in a Civ II forum would only lessen the chances they would ever see it.

You also have a knack of copping a serious attitude in your posts, which is why you got slapped with the "fool" label.
                            I was called a "fool" because Zanzin thought I should be posting in another forum. Perhaps you didn't read his post? Let's face it, some people here are mad because I went after a Sacred Cow - Sid Meier et al.

Save such rants for the OT, please. It ain't welcome here.
                            I don't need your approval to post here. Had I posted this there, I would have been told to post it here

I find it equally hard to believe that Rah is defending your attacks.
                            He merely pointed out that the issue is worthy of debate, naturally that sounds like he is defending me to someone at odds with me.

And lastly, I prefer the current method of not always allowing a civ to pick a tech even though it has the pre-reqs. Even though it has on occasion pissed me off in the past.
                            Ah, so you've reacted in a similar fashion but it's wrong for me to make a post expressing my complaint?

Jason -
                            Theban: Ditto. As if Hasblow has anything to do with the people making Civ3! Multiplayer bugs certainly aren't the fault of the original civ2 dev team.
                            Hey Jason, where did I say Hasbro was to blame? Did they make Civ II ? Noooooo.

Btw, Zanzin, what's Berzerker is (apparently) referring to was my first ICQ message where I said if I had been you, I would have called his absurd threat of physical violence what it was, a sad joke
                            Lol, that wasn't what you said. You accused him of backing down and lamented his lack of backbone.

Comment

I agree with Berzerker! Regardless of the stupid argument... Techs that don't turn up when they should is a pain in the ass!!!
                              We shall go on till the end,
                              We shall fight in France,
                              We shall fight on the seas and oceans,
                              We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
                              We shall defend our island,
                              Whatever the cost may be,
                              We shall fight on the beaches,
                              We shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
                              We shall fight in the hills,
                              We shall NEVER surrender.

(Winston Churchill)

Comment

Strange, I post a complaint about Civ II and a request it be fixed in a Civ III forum, and some people cant figure out I meant the complaint and request for the makers of Civ II and Civ III. I guess I should have spelled it out for you, but in reality, your opinion doesn't matter. My request was made for the makers of Civ III, not you, and while I think they can figure out what I am requesting, posting my request in a Civ II forum would only lessen the chances they would ever see it.
                                There's a difference between "posting a complaint" and insulting people by calling them "clowns". People tend not to respond to insults, at least not in a positive way. Your insults invalidate the whole point of your post, since by now it's obvious that you won'y get a response from Firaxis. And yes, I was able to realize quite easily that you intended it as a "fix" for civ3, but then again it may not have been as obvious to others...such as Zanzin. But you didn't know it's meant to be that way, and not needing a fix. Obvious to you, obvious to me...it's all POV.

Let's face it, some people here are mad because I went after a Sacred Cow - Sid Meier et al.
                                Possible...but I doubt it 'cuz then Imran would've leading the charge against you.

Had I posted this there, I would have been told to post it here.
                                Not the post- the attitude.

Ah, so you've reacted in a similar fashion but it's wrong for me to make a post expressing my complaint?
                                I also get pissed when I lose a battle that I was certain I'd win, or have a transport w/ 8 units on board sunk. But I don't think those require a fix...
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X