Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCGP Preview: Better City Screen Screenshot + Units on Unit Screenshot Coming up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 04-28-2001 02:02 PM
    I believe that the tank on the bottom left is a Soviet design, possibly a T-55 or a T-34
    [This message has been edited by Shadowstrike (edited April 28, 2001).]

Definitely not!
    Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 04-28-2001 04:19 PM
      May be I´m completely wrong, but doesn´t the "tank" at the bottom left look like a modern M2/M3 APC?

I think you are right and I think one of those APC/light tanks are refered to as "Bradley fighting vehicles". I don't remember the exact M no., though.
      Rome rules

Comment

I meant bottom right, bottom right....
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Thanx for the work O'great Snapcase.

I think the units look fancy and more reallistic than ever. Especially the axman(warrior) he looks much more like an overall type unit instead of race spacialized ones, like the indian one in ctp and viking/celt one in ctp2.

But when r u gonna get to the animation sprite pics of nuke explosions???
          I'd really love to see something spectacular .
          I think that civ2 nuke explosion looks at least 7 times better than the ones in CTP1&2. So does it sound.

AN IDEA:
          why dont we have a poll whether ICBMs should explode in 1 or 2 (or more) square radius. Some of the most powerful ones can tilt the earth off its axis, why not make it 2? (leave tactical nukes at 1)

Comment

The "Planet Busters" in SMAC had a four square radius.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase on 04-28-2001 08:46 PM
              The "Planet Busters" in SMAC had a four square radius.

LOL i only dreamed of 3...

I had the chance to buy SMAC for $10 but when i came back to the shop with the money, it was already taken and i wouldnt buy it for any more.

[This message has been edited by Russian King (edited April 28, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase on 04-28-2001 11:05 AM
                http://www.snapcase.f2s.com/pcgp-screens/screen5.jpg

Ok i love this. but what is it exactly??? a city view? can you arrange your workers(like in other civs xept ctp2(i hate ctp2 for it))? does the city radius grow?(plz not), and where is the city itself???

[This message has been edited by Russian King (edited April 28, 2001).]

Comment

It's either a Pz. Kpfw. VI Tiger II, a Pz. Kpfw. V Panther, or a M18 TD.

Hard to tell due to quality and scale.
                  I have no signature.
                  -Bob Dole

Comment

Nice units! But I don't think there will be two frigates. The first one is definately a frigate, but the second looks more like a carrack/merchantman or something. I think that your guess is pretty good on the phalanx, but they really had spears that were longer than this (sometimes twice as long as a man..) The unit next to the samurai looks like a berserker (viking special unit?/Celtic???) The unit next to the partisan looks like a greek special unit (with a helmet shaped like a bulls head). The archer can't be a mongol special unit, as you said, it isn't on a horse! The halberdier is probably a pikeman. A few of these units might also be "random leaders"... Good job, by the way!!!!
                    We shall go on till the end,
                    We shall fight in France,
                    We shall fight on the seas and oceans,
                    We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
                    We shall defend our island,
                    Whatever the cost may be,
                    We shall fight on the beaches,
                    We shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
                    We shall fight in the hills,
                    We shall NEVER surrender.

(Winston Churchill)

Comment

nm, i'm stupid
                      [This message has been edited by Eli (edited April 28, 2001).]
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Infantry Units

My guess: Explorer (he holds no visible weapons)

Confirmed: Warrior

My guess: Sioux special unit (Brave)

My guess: Zulu special unit (Impi)

My guess: Diplomat

Confirmed: Phalanx

My Guess: Japanese special unit (Samurai)

My Guess: Aztec special unit (Priest of Human Sacrifices )

My Guess: Archer

My Guess: Partisan

My Guess: Not a clue.

My Guess: Mongol special unit (Compact Bow Archer, but shouldn't it be on horseback?)

My Guess: English special unit (longbow archer)

My Guess: new unit (Spearman)

My Guess: Settler

My Guess: Musketeer

My Guess: Pikeman

My guess: Worker

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited April 28, 2001).]
                        [This message has been edited by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase (edited April 30, 2001).]

Comment

Cavalry

My guess: Arab special unit (Dervish)

My guess: Chariot

My guess: Knight/Crusader?

My guess: Horseman

[This message has been edited by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase (edited April 30, 2001).]

Comment

I think that the halberdier could be pikemen.
                            i agree with all of the ships
                            I think that the Aztec special unit is the egytian special unit
                            Your guess "not a clue" could be a Norsmen (Viking special unit)
                            I agree with your horsemen but im not sure about the caravan tho.
                            Your guess "havent the foggiest idea" could be a Paladin, a Footman, or probably a special unit for a civ.

------------------
                            Its okay to smile; you're in America now
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Artillery

Confirmed: Catapult

My guess: Cannon

My guess: Artillery

Comment

the more I look at these units, the more I think that it will be very cool to have special units for each civ. It will give each civ a unique character.

------------------
                                No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
                                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                                X