Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCGP Preview: Better City Screen Screenshot + Units on Unit Screenshot Coming up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase on 04-28-2001 01:05 PM
    Tanks

This is an M2/M3 Bradley.

It's most likely a "Mech Infantry" unit, because most mech infantry (US) drive in either humvees or Bradleys.

The second one might be an old tank, if you remember the CGW screenshot, there was a bi-plane in the city-screen. Maybe this is the early tank and then your armored units upgrade to Panzers, then M1 Abrams units. Well its an idea.
    [This message has been edited by SerapisIV (edited May 02, 2001).]

Comment

Definitely M2 Bradley! first I suspected British Warrior but it isn't.

First I thought this as French Somua tank because of its small round turret but I changed my mind after I saw the wheels. It is M4 Sherman. This is so poorly drawn.

Looks like WWII era Anti-tank gun. could be British 6 pounder or German 35mm/pak.

Norman? see his nose covering helmet with round shiled and red long hair.

Double-convexed composite bow man. probably middle eastern origin.

Arquebusier see the arquebus rest.

His helmet looks like Babylonian.

A knight right see the emblem of the shield. A crusader would have a cross on the shield.

Don't you guys think the edges of the turret are too rounded?

look at this! how sharp edged it is!

and the panzer is PzIII not a PzIV if you count the number of wheels, you know.
      [This message has been edited by Youngsun (edited May 02, 2001).]

Comment

About the rounded edges on the Abrams, the Firaxis unit pics show the same roundedness. These are really just general pics for a computer game, not unit recognition for real militaries, so some artistic license is allowed with real world units

Comment

I know what you mean but the tank is surely ugly.
          [This message has been edited by Youngsun (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

I think it might be a non Roman legion. As the Roman legion is a specific unit there shall be something fore every civ that is close to it, but not as good as it.
            [This message has been edited by vgriph (edited May 18, 2001).]
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by vgriph on 05-18-2001 07:28 AM
              I think it might be a non Roman legion. As the Roman legion is a specific unit there shall be something fore every civ that is close to it, but not as good as it.

To me this looks like a Germanic barbarian of some sort, as long as that is an animal skin around his head and shoulders. If it is armor, then that's an entirely different story.
              [This message has been edited by senowen (edited May 18, 2001).]
              [This message has been edited by senowen (edited May 18, 2001).]
              A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Working...
              X