Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCGP Preview: Better City Screen Screenshot + Units on Unit Screenshot Coming up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCGP Preview: Better City Screen Screenshot + Units on Unit Screenshot Coming up!

http://www.snapcase.f2s.com/pcgp-screens/screen5.jpg

Speculate about that one until I can cut up the other screenshot into pieces displaying individual units in high res.

Ships

My guess: Cruiser

My guess: Galleon

My guess: Trireme

My guess: AEGIS Cruiser

My guess: Transport

My guess: Caravel

My guess: Frigate

My guess: Frigate

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited April 28, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase (edited April 30, 2001).]

Comment

Tanks

Confirmed: Panzer Tank (German special unit)

Confirmed: Abrams Tank

My guess: er, a tank. You tank historians will have to help in identifying this one.

My guess: again, a tank. You tank historians will have to help in identifying this one.

That's all folks! No more units.

Comment

The tank on the right hand side is some sort of early WW@ tank. My guess would be the French Hotchkiss H35. The other one on the left could be some sort of early WW2 british tank ( a 10 or mk2 ) Im not too sure about this one though

------------------
        Its okay to smile; you're in America now
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Thanks very much Snapcase for all you have done to bring these screenshots and units to us. You sure went beyond the call of duty!

------------------
          No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

My guess would be that this is Aztec special unit. In that case,

Would be most probably Babylonian or Egyptian unit. (Guard or something.)

[This message has been edited by Stefu (edited April 28, 2001).]
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

My guess is that the tank in the lower left hand corner is the American "Bradley" light tank.
              Rome rules

Comment

The second frigate should be either a carrack or a caravel.

I believe that the tank on the bottom left is a Soviet design, possibly a T-55 or a T-34 (I'm not that great with tanks)
                [This message has been edited by Shadowstrike (edited April 28, 2001).]
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

you the man

Comment

Lets see,
                    (1) the viking longship really looks like the longship from CtP 1&2
                    (2)the galleon looks like the ship of the line from CtP 1&2
                    (3)the catapult looks just like the catapult from CtP2

Alright! I always wished I'd have a version of CtP2 that would work . . .

(spelling errors)
                    [This message has been edited by Mister Pleasant (edited April 28, 2001).]

Comment

Oh yeah, I think you have the cruiser and aegis cruiser reversed.

Comment

May be I´m completely wrong, but doesn´t the "tank" at the bottom left look like a modern M2/M3 APC?

BTW, I like most of the units, but not the chariot. The civ2 chariot came completely without horses, ToT and the new Civ3 with one horse, a bit better, but most ancient chariots had two horse (or even more). It´s just a detail, but since the other units look right, why not the chariot?

------------------
                        Civ2000 hosted by CivII Universum
                        Blah

Comment

I think that the tank on the bottom left is an APC (armored personnel carrier). If you look at the tanks gun, its thin, indicating that its a machine gun. Only APC's have turrets with only a machine gun on them. The tanks torso is also to tall to be a regular tank. Most tanks are built shorter as to offer a lower profile for the enemy to shoot at. Only APC's have such a tall body, nessary for carrying troops. If my guess is right, I wonder if this means this is some sort of land tarnsport. Will it opperate like a normal unit or will it be able to carry infintry?

P.S. Thanks, Snapcase!

Comment

Nice one, Snapcase!

I wouldn't have the slightest idea about most of the units, but I think many of them look quite fancy... that screenshot I have seen recently had some bad touch though...

Comment

The tank in the Bottom Left hand corner is a Sherman tank, I am pretty sure because it stood out to me because we learned about tanks in History class.

Comment

Working...
                              X