"Civilization III is a Role Playing Game"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack...these narrow minded views make me sick

Just like them christian seminars at my high school who basically chanted " If you don't believe in god you are going to burn for eternity".

Comment

I see they don't mind slavery either. Ah yes, that was allowed in the bible, wasn't it

Funny article though
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Now I will tell ya I am Christian but that has less to do with what I want to say then my personal beliefs. Why do you have to bash all Christians for the way this single (person) reviewed some games. To slam an entire faith for the belief off one person is wrong. I don’t have a problem with you saying he is to right wing for your tastes but when you come across like you are I think that’s wrong. I don’t wish to start some sort of flame war, but usually one of the reasons I like this board is because of the "intelligent" conversations that take place here. Not this blatant bashing and stereotyping of a group of people.

Again I am sorry if I offend anybody but this is my opinion.

NHNLODAT
        All good things must come to an end.
        I get up I breathe and I do it all over again.

Comment

Concerning the so called fundamentalists.....
          The theory of evolution is just that...a theory...so personally I don't blame him for bearing a grudge against it....I don't agree with darwin either, but that doesn't at all keep me from playing the game...U see...the impact darwins theory had on world science is evident, therefore the GW's place in the game is correct...but that doesn't nessesarily make the theory right...u know?

I am a christian myself...but I also enjoy ruling the world hehe
          http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47072005

Comment

Originally posted by nhnlodat
            Now I will tell ya I am Christian but that has less to do with what I want to say then my personal beliefs. Why do you have to bash all Christians for the way this single (person) reviewed some games. To slam an entire faith for the belief off one person is wrong. I don’t have a problem with you saying he is to right wing for your tastes but when you come across like you are I think that’s wrong. I don’t wish to start some sort of flame war, but usually one of the reasons I like this board is because of the "intelligent" conversations that take place here. Not this blatant bashing and stereotyping of a group of people.

Again I am sorry if I offend anybody but this is my opinion.

NHNLODAT
            you should go and look at the OT, this is reasoned restarined debate compared to there
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins
              In fact this site just makes me want to write a game so they can review it.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Title: "F*** God, The Bible, Al Menconi Ministries, Your Mothers, Children... oh and Hail Satan whilst yer at it"
              Genre: MMOFPS (Massively Multiplayer Occult First Person Sacrilege)

Concept: You are an agent of Satan. Your task is to kill any religious agent, or person of faith. You gain occult power with each death, and become subsequently more powerful until the Dark Lord rules the Earth.

You can use a variety of methods of killing "innocent" targets such as weaponry (ranged and melee,) occult spells and special tools of destruction such as biological agents or nuclear devices.

All death effects are exquisitely rendered and you can play with (or drink) a victims blood afterwards. You can of course also rape or sodomize (in explicit sexual detail) any victim you choose to prior to their enevitable destruction.

There is a soul counter to tell you how many more targets there are to kill, maim and torture.

A scrolling ticker informs you of game events and or suggestions to perform real life crime and or mortal sins.

===

I wonder if it would rate a 0% at Al's...
              Hmmm, Dungeon Keeper?
              badams

Comment

I have nothing against that site and I believe the same as I read earlier: they are providing a good service to those who think likewise. Having said that, my favorite is probably their review of Black and White.

In Black and White, the strong occult/supernatural themes are sugar-coated by the fact that this game offers minimal violence, virtually no language, and no nudity/sexual content. However, it promotes the message that everyone can be a god, which rejects the truth of the one true God; this, in my eyes, is far worse than violence.

For its promotion of the idea that everyone can be a god with no repercussions for his actions, even for human sacrifices, Black and White gets a 30% (F-)
                badams

Comment

Just because you think this is a restrained debate doesn’t change my opinion. Again not to insult anybody. I still think any debate were people resort to name calling is not a debate at all. I respect your opinion TheStinger but it still does not change mine.

Comment

Just because you think this is a restrained debate doesn’t change my opinion. Again not to insult anybody. I still think any debate were people resort to name calling is not a debate at all. I respect your opinion TheStinger but it still does not change mine.
                    Wo there tiger, i wasn't having a go, just making a point.
                    You carry on
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

I am not trying to sound like some gun-ho activists. I just wanted to make a point like you. I guess sometimes what you write does not come out in the tone or manner you are thinking it.

I sense your sarcasm.

Just mho

NHNLODAT

Comment

I am not trying to sound like some gun-ho activists. I just wanted to make a point like you. I guess sometimes what you write does not come out in the tone or manner you are thinking it.

I sense your sarcasm.

Just mho

NHNLODAT
                        I agree, no name calling just put your points across.
                        Unless its Paiktis and then you should falme him stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ariano_paluda
                          Concerning the so called fundamentalists.....
                          The theory of evolution is just that...a theory...so personally I don't blame him for bearing a grudge against it....I don't agree with darwin either, but that doesn't at all keep me from playing the game...U see...the impact darwins theory had on world science is evident, therefore the GW's place in the game is correct...but that doesn't nessesarily make the theory right...u know?

I am a christian myself...but I also enjoy ruling the world hehe
                          Obviously the theory of evolution has not been wholly proven, yet there is a plethora of scientific evidence to make us believe that it MIGHT be true. However, the religious (and for this I mean not only Christians) alternative that god created the world just like that *poof*, well, I find it a little harder to believe

(and trust me, I've had this evolutionary debate with my Christian friends more than once!)
                          Last edited by Master Zen; February 21, 2003, 13:54.
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Theory: an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena.

Most people who say "it's only a theory" are using the colloquial version of the word, which is more similar to "conjecture" or "hypothesis" than the technical meaning of the word theory.

Thus, in a scientific sense, it is true. There really isn't any "might" about it. Of course, on a certain level, nothing is certain, but Creationism is not a scientific theory and evolution really has no competition as far as its specific sphere of explaination.
                            Lime roots and treachery!
                            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                              Theory: an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena.

Most people who say "it's only a theory" are using the colloquial version of the word, which is more similar to "conjecture" or "hypothesis" than the technical meaning of the word theory.

Thus, in a scientific sense, it is true. There really isn't any "might" about it. Of course, on a certain level, nothing is certain, but Creationism is not a scientific theory and evolution really has no competition as far as its specific sphere of explaination.

Einstein once said that science brought us closer to God. Most Christians I know always quote this believing that ultimately science will bow down to the bible. I think Einstein's intent was that science would bring us closer to true knowledge, the REAL god.
                              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by ariano_paluda
                                The theory of evolution is just that...a theory
                                The Theory of Gravity is "Only" a theory.
                                Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Working...
                                X