Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I build a city on a luxery resource will I get credit for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk That's correct, you get shields and trade, plus the resource 'credit', but food remians, as always, two.
    I wasn't too clear in my original post. Yes, you get shields, but you effectively loose one shield by building on a resource, because a city built on grassland produces one shield. So when I build a city, I look for the non-shielded grassland tiles to build on.
    If you cut off my head, what do I say?
    Me and my body, or me and my head?

Comment

The commerce bonus works only if your faction is.... commercial
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I com'on, we're way past thac0 - now we've got BaB (base attack bonus).

Comment

There should be a flanking bonus. A sneak attack would be cool.

I like building cities atop resources. It`s a garanty of at least one resource to my civ, as my enemies normally like to build cities just outside the "farewell, traveller" plaque that lies on the bondaries of my cities.

Comment

Originally posted by theNiceOne

I wasn't too clear in my original post. Yes, you get shields, but you effectively loose one shield by building on a resource, because a city built on grassland produces one shield. So when I build a city, I look for the non-shielded grassland tiles to build on.
            You only loose the shield until the city grows to size 7. Cities (size 7+) get a bonus shield on the city square, but only if the base tile already produces a shield.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

seems as if things are a bit... unclear. does anyone know exactly what happens? what information posted here is wrong, which is right ect.
              just not too sure who's right now...

Comment

Working...
              X