No announcement yet.

Your Leader Will Be Able to Play Golf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Do I use the harder to find Oak or some Pine?" LOL! Might not be all that bad!
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Well, to be honest, the graphics in SimGolf are looking a world nicer than those of civ3.

Yin - know that screenshots have been posted on the Firaxis website, would you say we're still seeing alpha graphics?
      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Seemed to me those looked much sharper, don't you think?
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Yeah, but they're still.....yucky, if you know what I mean.
          If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

I do, actually. Nothing impressive yet by far. Serviceable? Sure. Anything to be excited about? (...rhetorical question...)

Comment

Here's an idea for Sid's golf game. Part of managing the course would be to stomp out those predators that keep ruining the green. I mean all those pesky dinosaurs that keep running around that you often see on any old everyday golf course. Thus Sid effectively kills two games with one microchip and adds a real touch of realism to the game.

"If you post something often enough, people will start to read it"
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sirotnikov on 05-10-2001 06:20 PM
                NOw that you mention it, the SimGolf engine does look more polished... Perhaps Sid took all the best gfx to his new baby instead of the reburn baby...

Now that You mention it, the colours of SimGolf DO look better than the colours in the CivIII map shots seen so far...

Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Russell on 05-14-2001 12:16 AM
                  Part of managing the course would be to stomp out those predators that keep ruining the green. I mean all those pesky dinosaurs that keep running around that you often see on any old everyday golf course.

There could also be pesky Mongols invading Your course, You would have to bribe them in the Diplomacy screen so that they go away. Or was that the Golf Course city improvement in Civ III that deters Mongols? Or Dinosaurs? Or what? I guess that SimGolf idea is so exciting it has shut down my brain...

Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
                  X