No announcement yet.

Your Leader Will Be Able to Play Golf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Leader Will Be Able to Play Golf!

**Click Here!**

Oh, wait. I was confused. So, perhaps, is Firaxis?
    [This message has been edited by yin26 (edited May 10, 2001).]
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

I swear every time I click on that I'm having a bad dream.

I think I finally understand some things:

Brian Reynolds: "So, um, Sid...'Sid Meier's Sim Golf' will be released BEFORE Civ3?"

Sid: "Only if I can't get the Dino-Magic to sparkle first."

Brian: "The DINO MAGIC!!! What the...? Ah, hell, I'm outta here..."
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Im a little confused too.
      You see, i dont understand the point of this topic.
      Sorry...

Comment

Can someone who knows it well check to see whether a utility to allow your world leader to play rounds of golf was included in The List? I mean, this is a really cool idea, especially if you can use the cash you win from the tournaments to rush buy a battleship or incite a foreign coup rather than build a fancier clubhouse! UN council sessions could be held in an entirely new environment. Diplomatic peace deals could hinge on the outcome of a golf tournament between Saddam, Bush, Milosevic and Mugabe. The advanced deal maker could include how many holes to deliberately lose in the next match to enhance the other leaders domestic prestige. Oh Yeah !!!
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

quote:

The idea first came to him as he was leafing through a golfing magazine.

Dear Lord, somebody cancel his subscription to 'Bird Watchers Weekly' NOW!

Comment

"I saw this picture of a Bull-crested Wallaloo designing a nest stick-by-stick. I got Will Wright on the phone the next moring."

Comment

Interesting...
              Oh not the game, but how Sid now likes to be involved in several projects simultaniously.

Just like JMS (Joe M. Straczynski), creator of the best TV scifi sofar: Babylon5, is nowadays involved in several projects. (One of them is being responsible for Amazing Spiderman)

Is this good?
              In the case of JMS, I would say mostly good, how about Sid?

Sid worked in Dino, ok it's dead and buried.
              Sid works on CivIII - Hey??!
              In fact he's (&FIRAXIS) been working at it for quite a while now. Results, maybe 2002??
              Sid is helping on SimGolf - well that's quite new so can't say yet anything.

But is there a reason to be worried, or is it just normal behavour for a genius?

P.S. I don't want to say that Simgolf is eiher bad or good. I have way to little information for that, .. yet.
              [This message has been edited by Jeje2 (edited May 10, 2001).]

Comment

I think he has got himself to a position of wealth and prestige where he can indulge himself in whatever elements of a project he likes and leave the hard day to day slog to others. Other game developers have to satisfy their publisher that the project is on track at progress meetings. Firaxis have to satisfy Mr Meier (also the name of the chief surgical consultant in a top UK medical soap - coincidence?) Unlike most publishers at least he is likely to push more for quality than insist on shipping at all costs.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Did anyone notice the similarities between SimGolf and Civ 3? Square coastlines, roads, different terrains? This game looks really familiar

Comment

Does this mean Civ3 will be using the Sim Golf engine?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DrFell on 05-10-2001 05:36 PM
                      Does this mean Civ3 will be using the Sim Golf engine?

NOw that you mention it, the SimGolf engine does look more polished... Perhaps Sid took all the best gfx to his new baby instead of the reburn baby...

Comment

ummm.... I hope not.

------------------
                        "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

phew!

well I am confused to say the least. so I think I'll just not write anything of any relevence now.

blah!blah!blah!
                          Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                          So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                          rocking on everest

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 05-10-2001 09:03 AM
                            "I saw this picture of a Bull-crested Wallaloo designing a nest stick-by-stick. I got Will Wright on the phone the next moring."

Sid Meiers Birds, my god..

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 05-10-2001 09:03 AM

quote:

Originally posted by ancient on 05-11-2001 06:51 PMSid Meiers Birds, my god..

So should I use the pink string or the twig I found? Which attracts a mate faster? Which defends my young better? The possibilities are endless, can't wait

[This message has been edited by tniem (edited May 11, 2001).]
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X